Scheldeprijs *SPOILERS*

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Those pesky professional cyclists trying to place as highly as possible in a race. Where will it all end? Presumably no-one should have ridden other than Kittel as obviously no-one else had a chance of winning.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    K de H - he is a lotto rider so you'd expect silly comments but still I am not sure what he is talking about. All the people up there are sprinters and I haven't even heard of K de H - some F grade sprinter?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    KdH won a few races in Belgium last year I think, but what Cav would probably refer to as "sh*tty little races". A win is a win at that level so respect where due, but does sound like he's talking bol***ks on this occasion.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    mroli wrote:
    Interesting the calibre of riders who came in 4min+ down. Some people that I expect to be much more in the mix on Sunday...

Many riders treat it as a good training ride, nothing more, ahead of Sunday. As Frenchie says, mindful of the propensity for crashes they back right off to avoid being caught up in the last few kms in particular.
  • frenchfighter
    SPTDW203.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Many riders treat it as a good training ride, nothing more, ahead of Sunday. As Frenchie says, mindful of the propensity for crashes they back right off to avoid being caught up in the last few kms in particular.
    Yep - that's what I meant. Thought it interesting that they'd risk riding even when they could just do a training ride
  • frenchfighter
    BradleyWiggins_3117871.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Breakaway had to wait at a crossing yesterday:
    SPTDW235.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Even though they reinstate the gap it must be hard to get the impetus of the break going again when that happens.
  • frenchfighter
    They really stop the peloton for an equivalent amount of time?!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Yep, or at least they should do. Oddly I don't think it works the other way though, if the break gets through but the bunch doesn't it's just good fortune for the breakaway.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The most memorable level crossing action I can remember was the 2006 Paris-Roubaix. Maybe we'll see it again some day.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    There is a PR gallery up on velonews and there is a photo of that level crossing incident.
    Contador is the Greatest