Tuesday Mehning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

I'm sleeping badly at the moment. I seem to be waking up around 4am for no apparent reason. Bleurgh.

Today won't be any more interesting than yesterday I imagine, and the only interesting thing yesterday was the office upstairs setting the fire alarm off when a baked potato spontaneously combusted.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Meh

Shoot hotel sleep despite peroni sleeping pills :(

Today's first conference call is at 8 with the final one scheduled to finish at 19:00 - so my early dart is like a TKM potatoe - mucked up

Later will be short by the tine I get home :(
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Knackered. Working 17 hour days on this sheepy research stuff. Still, only a week or so to go hopefully.

TTFN
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

new car didn't get delivered yesterday cos they're tw@ts. i'll hopefully be getting it today.

it's nice and sunny here and i'll be off out for a ride later. I can't decide whether to go for a long boring flat spin to get some miles in or go to a local spot of mine and start to tidy up the trail that the mxers have farked up.

anyway,

laters :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning Ladies,

currently wishing my life away till the end of the month when i should hopefully have my toy... i wants it! my precious...

entertain me people!

Laters
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Morning all,
    Nothing much to report today. The 29er should be delivered today, but not very exciting for me as I can't ride the stupid thing. I'll have to find a way to buy myself a new toy now.
    Hopefully a bit less work today as we have a full compliment of staff.
    Unicycle has arrived now. Should I spend the day learning to ride it in the office? Probably best not to as I don't want to be posting pictures of my broken teeth later.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning etc.

Not sleeping well either, must be a conspiracy... this weeks project is building up my Blur lt for a trip to wales over easter, not seen any use for over a year now and has been used as a donor for various projects. The Epic 29er is stripped ready for my trip after easter so i'm back in the land of 26" should be fun riding the bmx again*

*This could be subject to change and may depend on how many times it bites me
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning fools,

Paid application fees for a new rental house yesterday, then a few hours later me & the missus discussed going our separate ways so looks like I'll be moving on my own. No space for the 3 bikes so something has to go.

Off to Manchester for a meeting. Already late but I leave in 3 weeks so what they gonna do!

Laters!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Unicycle has arrived now. Should I spend the day learning to ride it in the office? Probably best not to as I don't want to be posting pictures of my broken teeth later.
    Coincidentally I saw a bloke with a unicycle crossing Tottenham Court Road this morning - he had knee and elbow pads on but was walking with it not riding it - wuss. And the wheel looked massive - something like a 36'er or something like that?

Afternoon Oxygen Thieves,

The joys of our company year end carry on, every time we think we've finished someone goes and changes the frinnkin profit so we have to do it all again. Someone will end up in a ditch shortly. On the plus side I'm pedalling today and I've just had a supersize portion of spicy chicken and rice.

Roll on end of month and Bike Park Wales...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Coincidentally I saw a bloke with a unicycle crossing Tottenham Court Road this morning - he had knee and elbow pads on but was walking with it not riding it - wuss. And the wheel looked massive - something like a 36'er or something like that?
    I considered 36" for all of about 2 seconds, they are a lot more money. I think the 29 will be alright for him as he's still getting to grips with it. I think learning something completely pointless not many others can do is good for a kid.
    He doesn't normally wear pads when he's on the 20" one and I've not really made a point out of it. I think I might make him wear wrist pads though as if he goes over backwards with his hand out there's a chance of a broken wrist. If he bangs his knees or elbows he'll get a graze and a bit of bruising but not as likely to break something.
    Besides he gets more bruises playing rugby.
  • welshkev
    new car has been delivered it's awesome!!! and damn it's fast :shock:
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work meh. You can tell it's going to be a rubbish day when only sweets will do for breakfast.

Gaz may have a house by the end of the month. I'll post the address when this happens so that the housewarming takes place.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • welshkev
    MissCMC wrote:

Gaz may have a house by the end of the month. I'll post the address when this happens so that the housewarming takes place.

Yeah...PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRTY
  • tlw1
    welshkev wrote:

What you got?
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    ste_t wrote:
    Paid application fees for a new rental house yesterday, then a few hours later me & the missus discussed going our separate ways so looks like I'll be moving on my own. No space for the 3 bikes so something has to go.

Off to Manchester for a meeting. Already late but I leave in 3 weeks so what they gonna do!

FFS. life does seem to like biting you in arris at the moment!

Evenin' job knockies

Great day in work, and now chilling at home with more of yesterdays chicken. Nom.

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    Clank wrote:
    ste_t wrote:

Evenin' job knockies

Great day in work, and now chilling at home with more of yesterdays chicken. Nom.

Onwards!

when you say going separate ways, are you moving and she's under the patio?
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    matthew h wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    ste_t wrote:

Evenin' job knockies

Onwards!

when you say going separate ways, are you moving and she's under the patio?

Unfortunately not.

I will inevitably have to find a lodger. Female. Fit. Dead.
  • welshkev
    matthew h wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

What you got?

Skoda Octavia vrs estate :)
  • veronese68
    welshkev wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    welshkev wrote: