X9 RD hanger bolt stripped

gavt0333
gavt0333 Posts: 95
edited April 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
So I managed somehow to strip the hanger bolt on my 2011 X9 rear mech when I went to remove it from the bike. I eventually had to hacksaw it off as nothing I was doing was able to get any bite. My problem is now I have taken a bit of the surface off the body where it meets the B-limit assembly, say about a mm on one side, less on the other. I seem to be able to buy an X0 bolt kit but i'm wondering if it will still work and whether it's cross compatible with X9? I can post pics if necessary. Thanks!

Comments

• http://www.sram.com/service/sram/258,381,268
    Go here .All part numbers are listed. ( if really stuck I have an x9 mech in good condition. 10 speed 2012 )from what I can see xo x9 and x7 have different part numbers.
  • gavt0333
    I had a look at that but the parts from x0 and x9 seem so similar I have a hunch they're cross-compatible although I wondered if anyone had tried this before? The other problem is whether it will still work given I've hacksawed some of the body away removing the bolt. May still take you up on the offer although prefer fixing things if poss & given it was working perfectly apart from this! Also had to order a new hanger for the heckler annoyingly. From what I've seen some folk have had similar issues in the past. Will be using a proper torque wrench next time for sure!
  • gavt0333
    Thought I would post some pics of what i'm talking about just in case anyone had an opinon..
    fugU-2bE1Lq_EmixxpxHjMQ0e1qZvQZq20x96rvdEWY=w116-h207-p-no
    4OduukgO1SDLM_diJ3LCNbgDCCEpwU_3wzv0o6Il-ig=w116-h207-p-no
    m2NuoEPzCmciE8JNcIUpMj7DAgMSp8X829IP-JRFKCg=w116-h207-p-no