Strava - Not Recognizing Other Riders On Same Ride

Churchill123
Churchill123 Posts: 341
edited April 2014 in Road general
I've noticed that when friends of mine have ridden together and used Strava... Strava seems to tie those peoples rides together and when you review the ride you can see who else was on the same ride..

But when ever i use strava and ride with people using strava too, and starting from exactly the same point, it won't recognize i've been on the same ride! - Is their a setting i need to turn on or something?

Any help is mucho appreciated!!

Comments

• Are they your Strava "friends".
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Maybe they just don't like you. Sorry you had to find out this way.
  • Smoggy your probably right! - However i've just had a note back from strava and it would seem that i need to make sure the clock on my iPhone matches the same time as the other guys im riding with!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Then you'll find that they are getting several hundred feet more climbing than you despite riding the same course. Life isn't fair...
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Smoggy your probably right! - However i've just had a note back from strava and it would seem that i need to make sure the clock on my iPhone matches the same time as the other guys im riding with!

I thought the gps time stamps would show you did it at the same time. Weird that one.