Specialized shoe sizing

duckson
duckson Posts: 961
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Interested in the Spesh S-Works shoes but i'm wondering how these come up size wise.

I'm a nailed on UK size 9 / EU43 in normal shoes and trainers, do i need to go to a EU44 in these?
Cheers, Stu

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,181
    i'm 46 trainers and s-works, but foot and shoe shape makes a difference, i've got some that fit fine at uk 10, others 11

imho the >=2013 s-works have a bigger toe box than the earlier ones but they add a velcro strap to adjust fit, tbh i preferred the older ones which didn't need the strap, but both are great shoes

current/recent specialized stuff is not usually sold at significant discount, if you've got a local store where you can try for size that'll be the best option for buying
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I don't know if they do them now (and most stores didn't sell them), but they were doing half sizes, 43.5, 44.5 etc. Half a size over normal shoe size was perfect for me.
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    Thanks, well they are the 2013 shoe and its a 44 or nothing....take a punt or not....mmmm.
    Cheers, Stu
  • I'm the same trainer size as you and recently tried on a 44 s-works shoe and found it to be a good fit.