Hepatitis B vaccination...

Keith47
Keith47 Posts: 158
edited April 2014 in The cake stop
...anyone had one?
I've been a 1st aider for 9 years where I work and this year the company are paying for anyone who wants one to be have a hepB vaccination.
I was wondering if anyone on this forum has experienced any significant side effects from having the vaccination?

Cheers,

Keith.
The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Had one, no side effects that I noticed.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    edited April 2014
    I've had it, I felt no side affects what so ever, do You know it's 3 seperate injections 4 week's apart ?
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I had it many years ago with no ill effects. I seem to remember the first injection would show if you would be able to have the full course, but I could be wrong, it was a long time ago.
  • Keith47
    Keith47 Posts: 158
    big p wrote:
    I've had it, I felt no side what so ever, do You know it's 3 seperat injections 4 week's apart ?

Cheers big p ( and Des), yeah I was warned it involved 3 injections, still not sure being a 1st aider puts me at significant risk of infection, I'll ponder on it a while I think :wink:
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I don't think there's a good reason not to, especially if it's free. There are certain travel destinations where it's a really good idea too.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,126
    ^^^this

i first had the jabs 20+ years ago when was doing stuff in the deep sticks, very little chance of any bad side effects, hep b is extremely nasty, might as well take the offer
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    random man wrote:
    I had it many years ago with no ill effects. I seem to remember the first injection would show if you would be able to have the full course, but I could be wrong, it was a long time ago.

The initial test is to see if you actually need it. They test your existing antibodies as you may already have protection. There is a further blood test at the end to check that the course of injections have been successful.