canyon infinite 8s 105 disc or Synapse ultegra disc?

janwal
janwal Posts: 489
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm looking at both of these.Anyone got any first hand experience of either? The Canyon is only 105 in the 50/34 compact option and obviously no test ride possible.The Synapse can be either 105 10 speed or Ultegra 11 speed and I could test ride.Though this not a deal breaker.
Thanks

Comments

• Nick_M
    Nick_M Posts: 58
    I have the Synapse Ultegra Disk fitted with full-length mudguards as a wet-weather bike. Not particularly light, but very smooth and comfortable. It comes with a narrow-diameter carbon seat post plus some clever tube-shaping in the frame that makes it float (relative term!) over bumps. The discs are like other discs I have used - powerful once worn in and very controllable. The Ultegra shifters are great, a very light tap and it changes gear. Overall, I really like it. I did test ride the 105 Synapse, but it doesn't have the carbon seat post and the paint scheme is a bit unexciting compared to the snazzy satin black and flouro-green of the Ultegra bike. Anything particular about it you'd like to know?
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    Ultegra 11-speed 6800 is good. Why go for discs when the Ultegra 6800 brakes are so good?
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    Hi Faff,I know, as I have Ultegra brakes on my Ridley summer bike.This will be a winter bike as a change from my Kinesis Ti /105, which I will sell on.I fancy discs for a change and the Synapse is rated as a comfy ride and will only weigh the same as my Ti, even with heavier discs and disc wheels.