Im a newbie

Adam1985
Adam1985 Posts: 32
edited April 2014 in Road beginners
Hey,

New to the road biking scene.. Just picked myself a giant defy 3 up today and looking forward to getting out and about...

First off i couldnt believe how hard it could be to chose a bike!!!

Comments

• Good luck!

And if you think buying a bike is hard work, wait until you start buying the kit, its never ending and addictive!
  • Adam1985
    Adam1985 Posts: 32
    Its just not really knowing what your really getting for your money.

Thinking will this £550 trek 1.1 road bike be just the same as the £750 defy 3 and so on!!
  • Both Trek and Giants are good bikes, you cant go wrong with either, but if it was my money at that price point i would have gone with the Giant Defy as well. Always get fantastic reviews and the Defy just seems to have an automatic "right" feel to it, the minute you sit on it.

You have made the right choice imo, but a Trek fan might tell you different. :D
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,640
    Yeah, my Trek 1.1 has done everything I wanted but my body failed to deliver!
    Hope your Giant fills your needs, one of the first things I did with my Trek was change from 12-25 to 11-28.
  • adam0bmx0
    adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
    My names Adam and I was born in 1985 too, have fun with your new bike. :D (I have a Defy1.....and Focus Cayo :P)
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    I know the feeling- I ended up going for the Trek 1.1 over 3 years ago for my fist bike, because I thought it looked nicer!
    Nowadays I'd probably lean towards the Giants due to the positive reviews and generally higher spec.

I can't fault my 1.1 though- it seems to be pretty good ant everything I turn it to, and I suspect your Giant will be the same (who needs £2k bikes? :p )

Have fun!