New member and new bike. 2014 Tallboy LT

TL_Lemans
TL_Lemans Posts: 5
edited April 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Hi everyone.

I was on here a while a go but never got round to posting anything so decided to set a new account up after forgetting the last details. Decided to treat my self to a new bike after using a 2010 Trek fuel ex8 since new. Great bike by the way but felt it was time for a new one.

After reading numerous reviews online I went for a 2014 Tallboy LT. Paid for it a couple of days a go and hoping it is delivered in a week or two.

Took a while to get the right spec but we managed to get there in the end and I was happy with the price. see what you think.

Black & red colour scheme, Pike RCT3, CTD kashima shock upgrade, XT kit but changed a couple of bits like the shifters and front derailleur to SLX as it brought the price down, 2 x 10 set up so I thought the difference between SLX and XT was minor when it comes to shifters and front derailleur, Mavic 521 rims, X9 hubs.
RaceFace ride stem, bars, seat post. Maybe upgrade in the future but I am pleased with the build.

Once it arrives I will post some pictures.

Should see me around here a little more as I am looking to upgrade most of my kit after a few good years of use so will be looking for advice.

Comments

• IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    Your bike sounds great and i'm loving the sound of the black and red colour scheme and i'm eagerly awaiting the pic's lol
    :wink: ..
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
    I cant wait my self.. Wish it would hurry up!
  • IT66T
    Me to ! ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    I do love the sound of this, also love santa cruz bikes.... really want one but cant afford one!! :(
  • Thanks. Yeah I have always wanted one but the price were crazy.
    The company I used were great, started with a basic kit and we worked out qhat parts we could fit and keep it under my budget.

A few parts like the bars and stem were from an ex-demo bike so saved me a fair bit.

Got it a fair chunk under RRP so cant complain :mrgreen:
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    And which company was this so I can have a look :P
  • IT66T
    It sounds like you got a great deal and i can imagine your feeling pretty chuffted about it 8) ..
  • I don't know if you are allowed to list companies on here? I am on a car forum and we are not allowed on there.

I bought it from this shop; http://www.granarycycles.com/

There website did not show much so I got in touch with them and they had all models. Should update their website really. I looked on the santa cruz website and it came back at 5k but because we changed some parts and used their kit I got over £1300 off that price.. So yeah pretty chuffed.

They had an awesome offer on a Bronson carbon but I think the other half would file for divorce if I had bought that lol.