Forum home Mountain biking forum Your mountain bikes

Santa Cruz Blur TRc now a 5010

road_donutroad_donut Posts: 284
edited November 2015 in Your mountain bikes
My Santa Cruz Blur TRc.....

Frame: Santa Cruz TRc + Kashima Shock- Large
Forks: Fox 32 Float CTD + Kashima 140mm
Bars: Easton EA70 Riser Bar
Stem: Truvativ AKA - 70mm
Headset: Hope
Grips: Lizard Skin Charger
Brakes: Shimano XT 180/160mm IceTech Rotors
Seat: SDG Bel Air RL Cro‐mo
Seat Post: RockShox Reverb Stealth
Seat Post Clamp:Santa Cruz
Shifters: Shimano XT
Front Mech: Shimano XT
Rear Mech: Shimano XT Shadow+
Cranks: Shimano XT - 170mm
Chain: KMC X10L
Cassette: Shimano XT 11‐36t
Pedals: Shimano XT Trail
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT
Wheels: Hope Pro2 – Stans Arch EX
Front Tyre: Nobby Nic - 2.25
Rear Tyre: Nobby Nic - 2.25


13800739124_5390034b98.jpg

13800804144_5a2b5fe331.jpg

13800819144_13a0afe81f.jpg

13800844514_5f953465b4.jpg

13800544873_94b3c69cce.jpg

Posts

  • ride_wheneverride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    why no 650b? doesn't look that small?

    Otherwise lush! Have you invisiframed it???
  • road_donutroad_donut Posts: 284
    why no 650b? doesn't look that small?

    Otherwise lush! Have you invisiframed it???

    Cheers mate..... I haven't invisiframed it :?

    I'm happy with the 26" wheels tbh :D
  • fat_homerfat_homer Posts: 470
    Nice, though I maybe biased!
  • njee20njee20 Posts: 9,613
    why no 650b?

    Why 650b?
  • Chunkers1980Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Cos it's better than 26", der
  • road_donutroad_donut Posts: 284
    fat_homer wrote:
    Nice, though I maybe biased!

    lol cheers homer :lol:

    I've been hanging my nose over your TRc build ..... very nice pal 8)
  • lawmanlawman Posts: 6,868
    Very nice, wish more manufacturers would offer subtle colour options on their frames rather the eye-searing concoctions they seem to be dreaming up recently!

  • road_donutroad_donut Posts: 284
    lawman wrote:
    Very nice, wish more manufacturers would offer subtle colour options on their frames rather the eye-searing concoctions they seem to be dreaming up recently!

    Cheers lawman, I'm liking the colours too...... Went for a stealthy look, I think I've nailed it :lol:
  • lawmanlawman Posts: 6,868
    road_donut wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Very nice, wish more manufacturers would offer subtle colour options on their frames rather the eye-searing concoctions they seem to be dreaming up recently!

    Cheers lawman, I'm liking the colours too...... Went for a stealthy look, I think I've nailed it :lol:

    Absolutely nailed it! 8) I'm planning on going for a stealthy build on a 5010 later in the year and then ruining it in with some Crossmax Enduros :lol:

  • Very nice bike
    DVN
  • road_donutroad_donut Posts: 284
    edited April 2014
    lawman wrote:
    road_donut wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Very nice, wish more manufacturers would offer subtle colour options on their frames rather the eye-searing concoctions they seem to be dreaming up recently!

    Cheers lawman, I'm liking the colours too...... Went for a stealthy look, I think I've nailed it :lol:

    Absolutely nailed it! 8) I'm planning on going for a stealthy build on a 5010 later in the year and then ruining it in with some Crossmax Enduros :lol:

    Sounds good mate, are you keeping the Mojo?
  • road_donutroad_donut Posts: 284
    Very nice bike

    Cheers pal :D
  • lawmanlawman Posts: 6,868
    road_donut wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    road_donut wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Very nice, wish more manufacturers would offer subtle colour options on their frames rather the eye-searing concoctions they seem to be dreaming up recently!

    Cheers lawman, I'm liking the colours too...... Went for a stealthy look, I think I've nailed it :lol:

    Absolutely nailed it! 8) I'm planning on going for a stealthy build on a 5010 later in the year and then ruining it in with some Crossmax Enduros :lol:

    Sounds good mate, are you keeping the Mojo?

    Will have to go to fund it, been a few years since I bought it and I've grown a little since then! I want something a little bigger and want to go 650b, I rode the 5010 at Cannock last month and it was insanely good, so that pretty much made my mind up :D it seems better than the mojo in a few areas, sizing being one and the lifetime warranty on the bearings another plus after 3 years on the Mojo I fancy a change. I've loved owning it and will be sad to see it go mind, in an ideal world I'd keep it!

  • A small update to the Blur, decided to stick some new rubber on her.

    I went with the Hans Dampf Evo Snake Skin PaceStar/TrailStar Set from Bike-discount for a gnats knacker under 68 euros. set it up tubeless too while I was at it. Tyres have stayed up over the weekend so will give it a blast mid week and see how it rides :)

    15787159378_3cfd5e929a_z.jpg

    15973885462_193b651b5c_z.jpg

    15973885412_2d5d86421b_z.jpg
  • CitizenLeeCitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Very nice bike, and good choice in rubber :)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • A small update to my Blur TRc...

    A few months ago I noticed a small crack in the rear triangle :( pic below

    22949325200_e93b2c0e7e.jpg


    A quick e-mail to Jungle to see what the score was with the warranty and I was told that they couldn't source a TRc frame as Santa Cruz no longer make 26" frames :(:(

    However they did offer me a 5010 but I would need to get hold of wheels and forks myself as they would be 27.5".

    So here is my 5010...

    Frame: Santa Cruz 5010 + Kashima Shock- Large
    Forks: Fox 34 Float CTD + Kashima 150mm
    Bars: Easton EA70 Riser Bar
    Stem: Easton Haven 55mm
    Headset: Hope
    Grips: Lizard Skin Charger
    Brakes: Shimano XT 180/160mm IceTech Rotors
    Seat: SDG Bel Air RL Cro‐mo
    Seat Post: RockShox Reverb Stealth
    Seat Post Clamp:Santa Cruz
    Shifters: Shimano XT
    Front Mech: Shimano XT
    Rear Mech: Shimano XT Shadow+
    Cranks: Shimano XT - 170mm
    Chain: KMC X10L
    Cassette: Shimano XT 11‐36t
    Pedals: Shimano XT Trail
    Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT
    Wheels: Race Face Turbine
    Front Tyre: Hans Dampf - 2.35
    Rear Tyre: Hans Dampf - 2.35


    22877152849_ed38e20e98_z.jpg

    22949278460_8989308c0c_z.jpg

    23218988216_cacc300c62_z.jpg

    22949287200_d1a186bb5d_z.jpg

    22850968577_72a5409ec7_z.jpg

    I've not had chance to ride it yet but looking forward to it :)
  • Awesome. Cracking frame I hear - still pretty stealthy too

    Nice.
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • Awesome. Cracking frame I hear - still pretty stealthy too

    Nice.

    "Cracking".... I see what you did there :lol::lol:

    Cheers pal I've heard some good things about the 5010, hopefully it'll be as good as the blur if not better :D

    I got the choice of the orange or the black ..... I do like the stealthy look 8)
Sign In or Register to comment.