Ortlieb front roller classics question

Teampi
Teampi Posts: 8
edited April 2014 in Commuting general
Hi folks

I am looking to buy the ortlieb front roller classic panniers for commuting purposes (to rear mount) and I couldn't help but wonder if they would fit my laptop. I am trying not to go mad bu buying the bigger bags because I don't think I could fill them for commuting to work.

Now being highly technical and part from its thickness, my laptop has exactly the same dimensions/footprint as a sheet of A4 paper but these dimensions are awfully close to the dimensions of the bag itself.

So my question is this....has any one else gone for these bags to transport laptops/a4 folders Eric... And do they actually fit in the bag?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• I haven't got the fronts, just the rears so I can't comment on fit, but I can say that they are quite flexible so if you are looking to flatten the pannier the sides will push out to give you a bit more width. The top also just rolls over so you should again be able to be flexible on the height.
  • Have you looked panniers that are designed to carry laptops? Ortlieb do an Office Bag.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    I have the fronts mounted on the rear and they only just take an A4 pad; even then you can't roll the top properly, so I'd look for an alternative
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    I used an Ortlieb Office for 2 years, it's good but a bit bigger than I needed. It's for sale if anyone wants it (in orange)!

I now use a front roller on the back and it will take my laptop (35cm x 23) but only just. I don't transport the laptop every day so I use the right one for my regular commuting stuff and carry the laptop in the left one when I need to.
  • small_bloke
    small_bloke Posts: 222
    I used front roller on the back for my 14-inch laptop. It was fine.

On days when I over filled them, I just didn't bother roll them too much and looped the top strap as normal. Not raining obviously.

IMG_0334.jpg

EB76AC1C-3C25-4595-BC0A-FF6374232B2D-1662-000001FE6743D788_zpsfa4db699.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg