Boardman fs pro or canyon spectral 6.0

2»

Comments

• adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    adamfo wrote:
    No a Spectral. It might have been a higher spec than the 6. The flex was from the rear triangle. It definitely flexes more than any of the full sus xc bikes I have owned.

There must have been a lose bolt. Some of team Canyon are riding unmodified frames including Fabien Barel who had a say in the bikes development.

No mention of flex in the Pinkbike test done in the States

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Canyon-Spe ... iewed.html

Does Fabien Barell race a Spectral? Just because his race bike is ok does that mean every Canyon frame is great?
    Im not too convinced by Pinkbikes tests. They didn't mention the ropey shock tune on the Nukeproof Mega TR but it's a well known issue and mine certainly needs revalving to give it more mid stroke compression.

May issue of WMB. 25 bikes tested for tail bike of the year award. The Spectral finished 3rd quote:

"Impressively stiff, light and practically detailed frame. Great hard-riding geometry.Stunning value for a ‘ticks every box’ trail slayer"

The bike was marked down for coming up small sized. Not a problem for many, but there is no XL frame size available yet.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    adamfo wrote:

May issue of WMB. 25 bikes tested for tail bike of the year award. The Spectral finished 3rd quote:

"Impressively stiff, light and practically detailed frame. Great hard-riding geometry.Stunning value for a ‘ticks every box’ trail slayer"

The bike was marked down for coming up small sized. Not a problem for many, but there is no XL frame size available yet.

Ah, them WMB guys, just can't trust 'em...
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • muddpuppy
    muddpuppy Posts: 87
    Decided to go with the boardman in the end hopefully picking up tomorrow got it discounted to £1295 and they are giving me £60 to spend on accessories aswell.