Decent all round tyres?

Cave_Dweller
Cave_Dweller Posts: 114
edited April 2014 in MTB buying advice
I have some tyres on my hardtail that came on my Scott Ransom many moons ago. They're Scott Stroke 2.35's. Although I find them ok for blasting around wet dirt tracks, I find they're not very sturdy on the sidewalls. I took my hardtail out for it's first ride today and I tried a G turn, the sidewalls of the tyres just crumpled on me when I initiated the turn and I scraped my rims on the road. I tried pumping them up to the limits but to be honest they were not much better and gave a harsh ride.

What tyres would be best for all round riding in all conditions? Mainly messing about with street trials but I also love a good plot around forest tracks or thrashing it down red runs at bike parks. I had many Maxxis High rollers before and I quite liked them for off road use, but when it came to cycling along hard surfaces like roads they became a nightmare.

Budget is flexible. Cheers.

Comments

• Cookeh
    Cookeh Posts: 351
    I quite like Hans Dampfs all round. Tempted by a Magic Mary upfront, but Ive not tried it as of yet!

On-Ones Smorgasboard is more budget friendly and well reviewed, but again I can't offer my own insight to it.
  • Cheers I'll look into them. I was surprised how crap these Scott tyres were until I went out for a mess about last night. Even the tyres on my wifes £79 Halfords full suspension bike has stiffer tyres lol.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • passout wrote:
    Cheers. It's like a minefield out there for tyres but I have some more options now.