Amazon - bastardos apertados

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited April 2014 in The cake stop
Amazon have stopped their super saver delivery to the big bit of Europe wiping out delivery companies and losing a huge client base in one swipe!

MRW delivery company were told on Monday and their staff were sacked on Tuesday.

I wonder who's great money saving scheme that was :roll:
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Being replaced by drones no doubt :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    Que pasa hombre?

Don't worry H, i'm launching a new Continental Delivery Service calle Pedalo's are us. We can deliver by sea, land or air.
    By sea - as the name suggests.
    By Land - bicycle couriers
    By Air - pedal powered aircraft (Work In Progress)

It may take some time to get you what you want but you will live in a 3rd world country.

In all seriousness, surely someone has to deliver the stuff and it won't be Amazon?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    Not so much concerned about myself, although having to pay amazon £6.40 plus £1.10 per kg on every order instead of free delivery is not best pleasing, I am more concerned by the closure of the delivery company and loss of jobs caused by their greed! All items now will come by Royal Mail and take twice as long.

I bet mr P's pedalo service will be quicker anyway :D
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    I can always remember my first ever boss on the phone trying to get a part for his car........

"How long!?....I could deliver it faster with wheel-less barrow and a constipated carrier pigeon".

The older I get, the better I was.

• clickrumble
    clickrumble Posts: 304
    Can anyone remember what we did before Amazon, when life was cool and there was a free market with competition and stuff?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Competition is still there, you just have to dig a little deeper to find it. That's why Amazon prevail, most people can't be arsed. I use the book depository as much as I can, sometimes you have to pay a few pennies more but so be it. Mind you, the convienence of a kindle is a constant temptation :evil:
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Very simple. Don't shop at Amazon. I haven't used it for over a year now.
  • team47b
    Joelsim wrote:

You don't have to, you live in the UK where there are shops :D
  • pinno
    Joelsim wrote:

T47b lives in a remote Portuguese speaking part of Mozambique. He got lost on the spice route after he had a puncture, got rescued by a local and then married 3 of them and never came back.

Here he is here, recounting his memoirs:

Here he is here, recounting his memoirs:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    For Books, Arts and Crafts and general tat etc, TheWorks.co.uk cannot be beaten on price and have free delivery this week (although don't have latest titles) and are a thriving high street business as well.
  • team47b
    coriordan wrote:
    For Books, Arts and Crafts and general tat etc, TheWorks.co.uk cannot be beaten on price and have free delivery this week (although don't have latest titles) and are a thriving high street business as well.

They look pretty good but unfortunately they don't deliver to Portugal :D
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

They look pretty good but unfortunately they don't deliver to Portugal :D

I don't think people are clicking on to this 'Portugal' place. Is it near Cornwall?