Time RXS pedals difficult to use?

Quizmate
Quizmate Posts: 97
edited April 2014 in Road beginners
I've recently made the leap from using Shimano 2 bolt SPD's on my alu road bike to Time RXS Firsts. Thing is it's a bit of a shock as they seem a lot harder to clip into and rather unnervingly I can hardly clip out of them (have only tried whilst balancing against the wall mind you!) The right foot is the worst and won't release just by rotating the foot, but rather requires a good yank on my behalf to help it out. Is this normal and will things improve with use or have I made the wrong choice? I bought them for the generous float but if you can't clip out in a hurry I'll be very reluctant to ride with them!

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Long time Time pedal user - clip-in can feel a little vague, but much prefer them to Look etc - they don't squeak and the cleats last longer than a couple of months. The cleats are handed and can be mounted to give different degrees of float - check the fitting instructions. Sounds like you simply need to get used to the rotating action to release, particularly if you have them set-up with more float.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    Do the firsts have the adjustable tension? May be worth lowering. Time are a bit harder to release from than SPD, but not an issue in my experience.
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    I switched to Time last year from using Shimano.

Initially I had issues clipping in. However, a bit of oil on the metal part of the cleat has sorted that out. I can't say I've ever struggled to unclip though.
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg