Tyres for Thetford

BigAl
BigAl Posts: 3,122
edited April 2014 in MTB general
I shall be passing by Thetford whilst taking the kids to their grandparents this weekend. Seems rude not to drop in on the way home!

I've not been before, though I know it's sandy and rock free, and was wondering which tyres. I've been through my stock of tyres and choice would seem to be between

Nobby Nics (2.25)
Racing Ralph's (2.1)
Panaracer Fire XC pros (1.8 )

Probably depends how wet it still is, I guess. Anyone care to recommend?

Comments

• WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    If it's dry the Ralph's if it's wet the XC Pros, the weather is meant to be fine on Sat but wet on Sun. I normally just use Rockets Ron's through most conditions and just swap to Ralph's or Maxxis Crossmarks on the rear when it's dry if I can be bothered.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Ralphs will be fine regardless, it just gets sloppy there.
  • philcubed
    philcubed Posts: 260
    It is sandy there, and if its wet it eats brake pads as I found out a couple of years ago!
  • njee20
    Fortunately there are only 4 places where light braking is required in the entire forest!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    njee20 wrote:
    Fortunately there are only 4 places where light braking is required in the entire forest!

I was astonished by some of the braking bumps on the "black" though, it was insane considering how flat it is! The red is super flowy though, it's one of those trails that the fitter you are the more fun it is.
  • njee20
    Definitely agree with that. The fun of Thetford is riding it all flat out!