Cycle to Work Providers

bromptonlb
bromptonlb Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Commuting general
Hi all,

I'm looking at signing our work up to a Cycle to Work scheme. There are a lot of online reviews of the benefits of the scheme, but not much feedback on which are the best providers to go for.

Would anyone like to share their experiences with particular providers? Has their customer service been up to scratch?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Cyclescheme.co.UK are the easiest to deal with at the shop... They have a good portal for the customer to enter their details, auto emails, e-vouchers.... Much easier!
  • tomawest
    tomawest Posts: 10
    To be fair I used halfords Cycle2Work scheme. Dead easy, especially as you dont have to use Halfords and can go to selected independants. Only problem for me was that the closest shop that could provide the bike I was interested in was based 30 miles away.
  • Ok cool, I presumed that Halfords would only allow you to buy from their stores.

From what I can tell Cyclescheme looks the "safe" bet - professional website, a large amount of stores signed up.

Other opinions much appreciated!
  • pdw
    pdw Posts: 315
    Have you looked at doing it in house? It's really not that hard to administer, and as there's no commercial company in the middle taking their 10% you get more choice and a better deal on the bikes.
  • I used Halfords scheme. Was really easy.

I rang the scheme for a list of independant retailers and went to a couple to have a look at their bikes.

Once I had chosen what I wanted, I filled all the details out online and within a few days I had my LOC.

I emailed this to the shop and collected the bike the following week.