Exposure Lights Issues - are they rubbish???

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
I have a Spark and Flare that I returned to Wiggle under warranty and they were returned to me last week apparently fixed. Exposure said the lights both needed re-soldering but the front light, the Spark, has packed up again. I have asked for a replacement or refund now but wont hold my breath. Have I just been unlucky or are Exposure lights rubbish -this is my view right now :evil:

Comments

• Well it seems you've had rubbish customer service, I can only comment on my Strada which is first rate.
  • Bordersroadie
    Bordersroadie Posts: 1,052
    A typically over-reactive forum post.

Wiggle offer a no-quibble refund/replacement guarantee so it's up to you and you shouldn't need to hold your bre ath.

I've been using a Toro Mk2 for three years now. It's been faultless through thousands of night miles in all weathers. It came off when I didn't locate it in the bracket properly (new Garmin too close) and it bounced down the road at high speed one night but was completely unaffected.

Just prior to two years old it seemed to not hold its charge as long as it should. Exposure (in the UK - there's a rare thing!) were great to deal with and took my light back and installed a new battery and sent it back with a new charger, in a very quick turnaround time. I just used it for another night ride this evening. It also makes a very good regular night time dog-walking all-weather light!

I wouldn't consider buying any other brand.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841

Nope, they are bloody fantastic.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Not sure who is over reacting? I asked fora replacement first time round and wiggle insisted it went back to Exposure so not sure about the no quibble policy from wiggle.
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Exposure sell great lights with amazing customer service.

They will not let you down.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I am not sure if they are great but they are expensive and not better than my magicshine.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Bobbinogs wrote:

Nope, they are bloody fantastic.

That.

I use a Toro as my road light and a Joystick as my MTB head torch and both have been faultless despite multiple soakings, many thousands of miles (road and trail) covered and a real lack of interest in any kind of maintenance/service/cleaning from the owner!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris