Fulcrum Racing Quattro - Or worth spending more?

Churchill123
Churchill123 Posts: 341
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
So in a nutshell... I've read and heard good things about the racing quattro's, however wanted peoples opinion's and whether it's worth spending maybe a little more money on a more expensive wheel?

Any thoughts or feedback mucho appreciated

Comments

• rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    How much have you got to spend would be handy.

you can get very light wheels for around the £300 mark such as Racing 3, Zonda or Prolight Bracciano
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Its always worth spending more lol, but if you like the look (deep rims/red nipples) of the Quattro's (I do on the right bike) and pick them up at a discount, I would say they are a great wheelset and you will not go far wrong buying them.
  • Carbonator wrote:
    Its always worth spending more lol, but if you like the look (deep rims/red nipples) of the Quattro's (I do on the right bike) and pick them up at a discount, I would say they are a great wheelset and you will not go far wrong buying them.

I've seen them around the £199 mark so seem like a cracking buy..
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Good wheelset for the money. Light-ish (for the price) and look cool. We've had no problems with ours...
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I've had mine since January - got the 2013 version for £200 and at that price they're a good buy.

They're not the lightest at about 1700g, but they're very stiff and should be durable. They look nice too - I've had lots of compliments from club mates who assumed they were a more expensive wheelset.

The only thing is that since they are 35mm deep, a lot of the weight is in the rim, so they might not feel that light, particularly if you're coming from a similarly light wheelset. But they're very stiff!
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Quattro are an excellent wheelset for the money, I would say the best wheelset for that money.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • I hope they are a good choice, as I have just bought some to go on my specialized Roubaix sl4 sport.

on my first ride out, they changed the way the bike rode and felt.
  • I hope they are a good choice, as I have just bought some to go on my specialized Roubaix sl4 sport.

on my first ride out, they changed the way the bike rode and felt.

For the better? :)
  • It was much better, I did a local segment and moved up to 8th fastest
  • I was so close to buying the quattros but ended up getting the shimano ultegra wheels. Night and day between them and my factory wheels on my roubaix sl4 sport compact 2014 bike.

I have 2014 fulcrum 7's and went out on them today after a month of ultegra use and couldn't believe the amount of flex on the 7's!

I obviously anticipate the quattros to be better but just giving my experience a shout out

Good luck
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced 2 2020
    Canyon Lux CF SL 7.0 2019
    Canyon Spectral CF 7.0 2019
    Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 2020
    Wattbike Atom V2
    Garmin Edge 530
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I've been riding on Fulcrum Quattros for over 18 months now and they transformed the ride for me from the factory shimano RS10. I have rode them all through the winter and haven't touched the hubs and they still roll perfectly.

However I've just bought a set of Dura Ace C24 and now the Fulcrum's feel harsh over the same road surface. I have 25mm tyres on both (4 Seasons on the Quattros and GP4000s on the Dura Ace).