Oakley Prescription Lenses

jefflad
jefflad Posts: 315
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
The summers coming and my eyesight is getting worse :roll: So I'm considering getting some prescription lenses for either my current Oakley's (Race Jackets) or buying some new ones but am unsure on whether to give Vision Express my money or if I should use an online provider or something completely different... any tips/advice?

Comments

• I've used RX Sport and the service was excellent. I'd rate them highly.
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    I have just bought a pair of prescription Oakleys from Vision Express, I managed to get a discount from them which brought the price close to RX sport.
    The problem with buying on line is that it is not just a case of giving your prescription. Measurements and pupil alignment still need to be taken to get it right.
    Vision Express were very good and the glasses came within 4 days.
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    I bought a prescription lens for my M Frame a few years ago from a local optician in Richmond and it helped a lot, particularly riding offroad as I could scan the trail further ahead. Then I had laser surgery in 2010 which was even better :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    I recently used these people http://www.theinternetopticians.co.uk/ for a pair of prescription Oakley Flak Jackets and saved about £80 over the high street optician price, it took about 10 days.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • jefflad
    jefflad Posts: 315
    Sorry been away and not able to update... thanks for these updates, certainly food for thought :)