New Helmet

marcusww
marcusww Posts: 202
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
So didn't realize that helmets have a finite life so getting rid of my 2002 Met in favor of something new.

I want something that looks good / well know make, for £40 - £60 ish, are any better well known makes that are head and shoulders above the rest (no pun intended)!

Comments

• KevChallis
    KevChallis Posts: 646
    I am looking at this for my next helmet

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/giro-savant-road-helmet/
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • I'd strongly suggest going to try some on. I found the Giro helmets fit my head better than the Specialized helmets....
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,643
    I've worn a Giro Savant for about a year, fits me nicely, seems light, quite airy. It comes down quite low on my forehead, which I like and has good adjustment. I paid about 45 quid for it, I think. I would buy another.
  • outcastjack
    outcastjack Posts: 237
    I find Bell fit my head very well, the Alchera falls nicely in your price range and is a decent looking and well ventilated lid.

I agree with all above that the best course of action is to try them on.
  • paulleary
    paulleary Posts: 35
    +1 fir Giro Savant. Very comfortable light and good ventilation at about £50. Great value
  • KevChallis wrote:
    I am looking at this for my next helmet

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/giro-savant-road-helmet/

I have just replaced my old one with this Giro and my god is it good for the money!

You won't find a bad review on it either
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced 2 2020
    Canyon Lux CF SL 7.0 2019
    Canyon Spectral CF 7.0 2019
    Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 2020
    Wattbike Atom V2
    Garmin Edge 530
  • GGBiker
    GGBiker Posts: 450
    I'm wearing the savant as well, great value for money. Won't be buying another until aero road helmets are under £50.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Different brands are different shapes and in some cases this applies to different models from the same brand too.
    Some are more round and others more oval (longer and narrower), they're also different depths and circumferences aren't necessarily spot on. As with shoes you need to try on helmets or it's a bit of a lottery. Fit isn't just about comfort either. They won't do their job properly if they don't fit properly.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Another fan here of the Savant. You should be able to pick it up for £40 if you shop around.
  • Alex222 wrote:
    Another fan here of the Savant. You should be able to pick it up for £40 if you shop around.

Tredz with their £5 off voucher for signing up to the newsletter
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced 2 2020
    Canyon Lux CF SL 7.0 2019
    Canyon Spectral CF 7.0 2019
    Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 2020
    Wattbike Atom V2
    Garmin Edge 530