LIDL Cycling Deals

brucie45
brucie45 Posts: 279
edited April 2014 in MTB general
Not sure if anyone has already mentioned it but there is Cycling deals starting 03/04/14 @ LIDL Stores

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-10E10974-109494AD/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?id=257&ar=5
Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Wonder if that work stand is any good or if it's made of self-destructing cheese...
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • brucie45
    I saw on here some people had purchased them and rated them and others had some issues. I'm sure Kowalski had an issue?

I could do with a workstand and at that money I reckon it's worth a punt, if it's not fit for purpose it will be going staright back.
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    I can vouch for the workstand - it's pretty robust and solid for £30 IMO. Used it and had no problems.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    i have the workstand too

no complaints so far
  • brucie45
    Thanks for letting me know. Ill be getting one then!
  • el_vino
    el_vino Posts: 64
    Stay away from that foot pump, my father-in-law bought one (to be honest he has bought one of almost every single Lidl special, I think he's collecting them) I had to use it once in an emergency and it is rubbish.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    brucie45 wrote:
    I saw on here some people had purchased them and rated them and others had some issues. I'm sure Kowalski had an issue?

I remember that thread. Was it this one under discussion? I thought it was a stand from one of the big bike box–shifters.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • brucie45
    brucie45 wrote:

I remember that thread. Was it this one under discussion? I thought it was a stand from one of the big bike box–shifters.

I thought it was the stand from LIDL but I may have been wrong. :?

EDIT: I have found the original thread, it was one were Kowalski and Cooldad were having banter :shock: . Apparently some of the T-pieces on the stands diffrered, some were metal and some were plastic, the plastic ones were obviously shoot!
  • ratt1er
    ratt1er Posts: 5
    +1 on the bike stand. No complaints from me.
  • JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    +1 on the stand, picked one up in August for £30. The clamp is made of crap, so I'd stick a cloth on it so it doesn't damage your frame, beyond that, does perfectly well :)
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    El Vino wrote:
    Stay away from that foot pump, my father-in-law bought one (to be honest he has bought one of almost every single Lidl special, I think he's collecting them) I had to use it once in an emergency and it is rubbish.

This ^ I bought one a while back. Didn't pump up at all, then I touched the dial and it snapped off!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    Bit like the Aldi one, I bought a Aldi track pump last year and pumped up my tyre, got a massive bang and the hose blew off the pump, shooting a plastic ball bearing at me?!

Straight back to Aldi for my money back.
  • lbalony
    lbalony Posts: 301
    The stand,

better than nothing but wish I would have paid more and bought a proper one. The clamp snapped so had to write to Aldi and they then sent a part from Germany. The blue rubber bits ate constantly dropping off. Its better than nothing but alot better about for not much more.
  • alexthebear
    alexthebear Posts: 349
    When I asked on here about what workstand I should buy I had quite a few replies from people saying they had picked up theirs from Lidl for around £30, well here it is for anyone who wants a bargain. Your welcome :wink:
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    brucie45 wrote:
    brucie45 wrote:

I thought it was the stand from LIDL but I may have been wrong. :?

EDIT: I have found the original thread, it was one were Kowalski and Cooldad were having banter :shock: . Apparently some of the T-pieces on the stands diffrered, some were metal and some were plastic, the plastic ones were obviously shoot!

Aye, the stand I bought went back for a fund. It could've been good, but was rendered completely pants by the way too flimsy plastic t piece. Put a bike on it and it bounced around like Zebedee with ADHD.
  • thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    The multi-tool and chain cleaner should be OK.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • Got the stand today. Pretty sturdy and seems well built. Will see if it stands the test of time.

The chain cleaner is alright. Does the job but a bit flimsy. Can't see that lasting long.
  • chuckla
    chuckla Posts: 132
    I got the stand today, very well built, very sturdy, very good value for the money!
  • Got the stand today have reviewed it here with pics

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12959391&p=18811717#p18811717