How much lower leg oil in Fox Forks

Wormishere1
Wormishere1 Posts: 284
edited April 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I have got a 2014 Canyon Nerve 29er with Fox Performance 32's. They are listed as having 110mm travel. I need to do a lower leg service on them now and was wondering how much oil I need to put back into the lowers. I have looked on Foxs' chart and cannot find this fork. Can anyone help? Will 30cc each side be ok?
Remember Rule #5

Comments

• ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    Depends, if they are an o/b fork it'll be miles too little on the damper side
  • Wormishere1
    Spoke with MOJO - 40cc in each leg.
    Remember Rule #5
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Spoke with MOJO - 40cc in each leg.
    You need to do a LL service So soon after you bought it?
  • Wormishere1
    Hi,

Clocked up 35hours (450km) of riding so far and Fox recommend a lower leg service every 30 hours.

Just to clarify all this involves is removing the lowers, cleaning and reoiling the foam rings and a change of the oil in each leg. This took me 45mins to do including removal and re fitting of fork so quite easy. It has made a difference to the fork too - feels brand new and supple as ever.
    Remember Rule #5
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Hi,

Clocked up 35hours (450km) of riding so far and Fox recommend a lower leg service every 30 hours.

Just to clarify all this involves is removing the lowers, cleaning and reoiling the foam rings and a change of the oil in each leg. This took me 45mins to do including removal and re fitting of fork so quite easy. It has made a difference to the fork too - feels brand new and supple as ever.
    That's great that it worked out well, but fox's recommendation is way OTT tbh
  • Wormishere1
    Well the Fox website says 30ml in each leg. I rang Mojo and they said they out in 40ml as this better suits our weather.

Having thought I mis-heard them I rang Mojo again and was given the 40ml again

I'm sure they know what they are doing.
    Remember Rule #5
  • Well the Fox website says 30ml in each leg. I rang Mojo and they said they out in 40ml as this better suits our weather.

Having thought I mis-heard them I rang Mojo again and was given the 40ml again

I'm sure they know what they are doing.

I think he means OTT in that every 30 hours is more often than necessary.
    Delete my fucking account.
  • Wormishere1
    Ahhh, I see. Well yes, it does seem a little excessive - but to be fair it was a doddle (once I had bought Fox Oil, Fox Float Fluid, a rubber mallet, crush washers, syringe)...maybe that is why Fox are so keen!
    Remember Rule #5