More Trigger Pulling...

MisterMuncher
MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
edited April 2014 in Commuting chat
This time, on a CAAD10 Frameset (2012 Team Colour) at too good a price to miss, coming in a smidge under what I had in my tips jar so the EPO is fully behind it.

I have Ultegra-hubbed handbuilts arriving later this week too, intended as weekend wheels for my all-purpose bike. Looks like I'll be commuting and training on RS10's for a while yet.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Nice. Should I mention cheap 105 groupsets at Merlin?
  • MisterMuncher
    Well, yes, but...

The announcement of 105 5800, which I found out about literally half an hour after the other, has thrown me into something of a groupset quandary. I have an SL-K Crank and Ceramic BB, so that's boxed off. 10-Speed is perfectly fine, it does precisely what I require, but knowing if I wait a few months I can go one louder for more or less the same money...

Current thinking is to splurge a bit given the frame has cost well under what a new one would, and go for 6800. 5800 will arrive in time for consumables to be affordable, and 6800 is apparently amazing, and the more permanent components of the group are better going forward. I would really like to have it built up in time for CRC's Big Italian Sportive, so waiting for 5800 whilst possible, isn't ideal.
  • veronese68
    They have 6800 for £500, then sell the crankset and bottom bracket to recoup some of the costs. That's not really splurging that's being sensible.
  • MisterMuncher
    360-odd for individual bits, minus crank, off Ribble. It wouldn't be hard to find places charging that for 105
  • veronese68
    Ultegra for the price of 105. Makes perfect sense to me.