Cheap Setback Seatpost @ 34.9mm?

Manc33
Manc33 Posts: 2,157
edited April 2014 in Road beginners
Apart from CRC, does anyone know where might sell a reasonably cheap (under £20) setback seatpost with at least a 25mm offset?

Well, on CRC they have only three in 34.9mm that are setback ones. Two of those have bad reviews (seat slips no matter how much the bolts are tightened) and the other one is £30.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/s?q= ... 4294965282

The one people aren't complaining about is sold out in that size.

XGKr4QO.png

Crank Brothers must be making a killing. :?

I am sure I saw an FSA Carbon one that ticked all the boxes and was only about £30 reduced from £80 or £90. They must have sold out that fast, should have been quicker, but then I really wanna avoid a CF seatpost, its going to be clamped against metal in the seat tube, doesn't it fuse together or something... then again on a seatpost that can't be a bad thing. :p Always hear about CF seatposts slipping.

34.9mm is a very odd size from what I can tell.

Of course with a shim there will be far more options but doesn't a shim kinda only hold the top of the tube? On a carbon frame I wanna avoid that.

Before laughing ensues (I am the guy that got a small frame and said it fit me) on my old bike it has a setback seatpost and this one doesn't, thats the only reason I am scrunched up slightly. If I could be sat 25mm back it would be perfect. Its because I have got flat bars on that bend back on each side, it must be about 15cm back compared to STi hoods and I would say still at least 5cm back from where the flat part is on a drop bar too. I admit though, my saddle is already on the limit. :roll:

Comments