The YT bikes thread

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
edited April 2014 in MTB general
Judging by the popularity of the Canyon thread, quite a few people on here must have YT Industries bikes as they also offer stupidly good value for money and make good bikes.

Post here if you've got one or want one/have ordered one - I'll kick things off with what I just ordered today, the YT Tues 2.0 Comp:

large_2014YTTuesComp.jpg

TUES_comp_3.jpg

TUES_comp_2.jpg

Got 8 weeks or so before it turns up.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    p4pb10758963.jpg

I've had one for about 18 months, I've seen a couple of YT dh bikes around but no trail bikes
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Had one, sold one.
    Great kit, good fun, just not what i needed in the end.
    20130624_213522.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Really fancy a yt of some description - the new Capra looks ace
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    ilovedirt wrote:

This! If I was staying in Wales after uni I'd definitely consider one, as it is though the midlands are wayyyy too flat for a bike like the Capra :(
  • Stevo_666
    Yep, the Capra looks good (and got a cracking review in Dirt mag). But it's a bit too close to what I've got already, hence the Tues on order :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    lawman wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:

This! If I was staying in Wales after uni I'd definitely consider one, as it is though the midlands are wayyyy too flat for a bike like the Capra :(
    Get a job in wales then mate! I'd rather be on the dole for a bit than living with my parents!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • lawman
    ilovedirt wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:

Get a job in wales then mate! I'd rather be on the dole for a bit than living with my parents!

Got a job back home so gonna see where that goes in the next 12 months, after that though I'll likely be coming back to wales!
  • lawman
    dusk wrote:
    p4pb10758963.jpg

I've had one for about 18 months, I've seen a couple of YT dh bikes around but no trail bikes

On another note, how small is that chainring?! :shock:
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    26, I needed the low gear to winch up the climbs (I'm not unfit but have a high cadence), I'm in the process of sticking a OneUp 42t and changing the chainring to 30t.

I thought the 26t would leave me well short of gears but it proves how little you use a lot of gears on traditional setups. Having ridden at Llandegla, Afan, Aston Hill and Chicksands I'm yet to need more gears. I just spin a bit more on the really flat out bits.
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • The Capra CF Pro is gorgeous!!
  • Stevo_666
    The Capra CF Pro is gorgeous!!
    Have to agree with that...

capra_pro1_detail2_filled.jpg
  • I agree, it both a great looking bike and a stinking deal.

I would love to try one.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Mate of mine just ordered one... Must be brilliant, from a business point of view, to be able to sell out an entire run of a brand new bike (not quite there yet but they will be), months before you can deliver it, despite practically nobody having ridden it and them only for a day or two :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Stevo_666
    Northwind wrote:
    Mate of mine just ordered one... Must be brilliant, from a business point of view, to be able to sell out an entire run of a brand new bike (not quite there yet but they will be), months before you can deliver it, despite practically nobody having ridden it and them only for a day or two :lol:
    They're on a roll - the special editions of the DH bike sell out in hours and even the one I ordered above (which is an on-going model with a new paint job for 2014) is an 8 week wait.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The Capra CF Pro is gorgeous!!
    Have to agree with that...

capra_pro1_detail2_filled.jpg

Tested in the may issue of MBR. It scored a rare 10/10 in the enduro group test. Quote: "the new benchmark against which all others will be measured"

The 170mm Bos Deville TRC forks look tasty. The geometry and suspension were described as "ultra plush... offering unparalleled levels of grip and control" compared to the Kona Process 153 DL with Pikes and Specialized Enduro Expert carbon also with humble Pikes. The Fox Talas 34 on the Trek Slash 9 oh dear...
  • Northwind
    BOS is great when it works, but considering their reliability and the standard of their aftersales it's a bit of a brave choice.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    Northwind wrote:
    BOS is great when it works, but considering their reliability and the standard of their aftersales it's a bit of a brave choice.

The cheaper version comes with Pikes but it doesn't seem to offer the value for money associated with the brand ?
    Or maybe I just don't earn enough...

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index ... t&info=405
  • Northwind
    Still looks like pretty stonking value for money to me tbh! Though I agree the spec of the top one looks better value overall. And better colour obviously ;)

I wonder what happened to this colourscheme? Best of the lot IMO, if only because it's not blatantly copied from GT like the Pro.

Black-Capra-side-1_W.jpg
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    I'm at a loss as to why everyone thinks the Capra is a sexy looking bike. Looks needlessly stylised to me.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607