Under £1600 Italian

AxelCH
AxelCH Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Hello,

I want to get back into cycling, I used to ride an old Cilo in my teens (10 years ago) but always wanted a celeste Bianchi.
However after reading reviews, the Bianchis in my price range seem to be inferior to the other "Italians".

So I am no hesitating Between a Colnago Ace 105 2013 and a Cinelli Radical 2014.
I am drawn towards the looks of the Colnago, however I am a bit worried as it is described as a Gran Fondo bike and I like speed. I am telling myself that the biggest component for the speed will be my legs not the bike, but am I trying to convince myself to get what I want?

I am also considering the Pinarello FP Uno 2013, but I don't really like their look as much as the Cinelli and the Colnago.

I know it might sound stupid for some, but the looks of my bike is important to me, if I am spending that much money on a bike I want to enjoy its beauty.

Also I will not have the opportunity to test drive them as I will buy online.

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    All of those bikes are made in Taiwan or China. They will all ride well so just get the one you find 'prettiest'.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • AxelCH
    AxelCH Posts: 3
    Thank you for your answer: Colnago Ace it is then :)
    Grill wrote:
    All of those bikes are made in Taiwan or China.
    I knew that: hence the Italians with " " :wink:
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    £1600 would buy a very nice used Colnago C40 with Campagnolo Record - classic bike unlikely to depreciate much more.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..