Few firsts achieved today.

Toe knee
Toe knee Posts: 525
edited March 2014 in Road beginners
Hi all,

First ride since selling my dale last July.
First ride on my spesh Allez, my sons bought me for Xmas.
First time riding on my selle italia gel flow saddle.
First time riding with spd pedals.
First ride wearing my giordana silver line bib shorts. .

The ride was 23 miles , my longest ride been 27 miles last July. So a good start I think, I could have gone further I think because I have not felt so comfortable on a bike so much as I did today, but my legs told me otherwise.
The comfort I am guessing was down to a number of thing , firstly the size 54. Spesh Allez, now even though my dale was a size 54, it didn't feel this comfortable, felt a little stretched on it if I'm honest. This spesh feels perfect for me.
I swapped the standard spesh saddle for the selle italia, as the spesh was hurting me on the few turbo sessions I did over winter.The selle feels like an armchair in comparison to the spesh saddle.
Finally the giordana bib shorts are so comfortable also, compared to my endura last year.
So I'm guessing a combination of the above 3 points have led to me having my most comfortable riding yet.
Finally , the spd pedals where great to use , easy to clip in , and un clip.

All in all a very enjoyable ride , and really looking forward to my next outing. :D

Thanks

Tony.

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Great stuff :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Jon_1976
    Jon_1976 Posts: 690
    Agree with the sizing. I used to have an Allez and a CAAD8 (both 54) and the 'dale seemed noticeably bigger.
  • Good day then buddy...Next step go and have a bike fit to get the best/full use out of your kit...
  • macleod113
    macleod113 Posts: 560
    good work. glad its all coming together for you. sod the bike fit for now unless you start getting sore, stretched etc.

you just need to get out and ride now. no excuses now ist summer time :-)
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    I wouldn't form an opinion on a saddle through indoor cycling. My S-works Romin destroys me indoors but gives me zero grief outside. The reason being when indoors I do not move whereas outside you will stand up and peddle which let's you move around.

Sounds like you have a very generous son though.

How often are you planning on getting out? Do you have any goals such as distance?
  • Toe knee
    Toe knee Posts: 525
    Hi Brandon,

It's a 2010 allez, bought for £190 between my 2 sons, I sold my dale to help one son with a rent demand in uni, as for getting out and goals.
    Get out as often as I can, I have a goal of doing a jogle next year for my local children's hospice, if I get the training right.

Tony.