Advice appreciated: Spesh Camber Evo or something else

donncha
donncha Posts: 31
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi folks,
First world quandary. I'm interested in the Specialized Camber Expert Evo; has anyone managed to get a ride on the bike? The reviews I have seen are pretty good. I am switching between convincing myself to buy the bike and not buy it.

1) I already have a similar travel 26" Yeti ASR5C which is a fantastic bike (although the gf is starting to use the this bike).

2 ) Being based in NI I haven't had a chance to demo it (can get a test bike over in about 6 weeks).

3) At 5'7" and a quiff I'm not confident what size I would take (although a few people who have ridden the bike suggested medium).

4) The bike isn't great value (although there is 15% off this weekend).

Alternatively I could wait to later in the year and try to demo a few bikes. I should be able to get 10% off my local Specialized dealer. What do you think? Worth waiting?

Let the flaming commence......

Comments

• mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Initially, I'd recommend a small not a medium. I'm 6'2 and only need a large. I've not ridden an evo but had a good poke around a 2014 comp eco model (I built it at work...). I was impressed with the whole feel of the bike, and happy to see brakes from someone other than avid.