mrfpb Posts: 4,569
edited March 2014 in The cake stop
Yep, me too :cry:

Comments

• wtf
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    There's a few Bushes that I would prefer to get a ticket for.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260

George?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    edited March 2014
    arran77 wrote:

George?

Sophia Bush...

Sophia-Bush-wallpapers-sophia-bush-7849070-1024-768.jpg

That snookered you, you f*cker :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Tried to get a few tickets for the concert but didn't succeed.

I'll make no bones about it, I wanted the tickets so I could sell them on ebay because there are some stupid people out there who would happily pay over the odds for a ticket and I would've happily parted them from their money!!
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    crispybug2 wrote:
    I'll make no bones about it, I wanted the tickets so I could sell them on ebay because there are some stupid people out there who would happily pay over the odds for a ticket and I would've happily parted them from their money!!

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    My wife spent ages on the phone trying to buy tickets,

She was Running up that Bill
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    :-)
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    As the saying goes: One in Kate Bush is worth two in the hand
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    crispybug2 wrote:
    Tried to get a few tickets for the concert but didn't succeed.

I wish there were fewer people like you in the world.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    pipipi wrote:
    My wife spent ages on the phone trying to buy tickets,

She was Running up that Bill

yeah, but with no problem.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Reselling them is 'against' the t&c on the ticket. They are supposed to be validated by the buyer presenting id at the venue. No id that matches the ticket name, no entry. Of course this doesn't happen at the moment but I hope it does as it will knock the Viagogo market away
    M.Rushton
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    I bought 3 tickets in the pre-sale on Wednesday.

No you can't have any of them, even for the £000's they are going for on ticketing websites.
  • mrushton
    What happens if it's a one-woman show with a penny whistle? There seems to be an opinion that this will be an amazing spectacle. Her original tour was because she was 19 and redefining performance art. But she's 55 with a fantastic back catalogue so it will be different (obviously)
    M.Rushton
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Absolutely baffled as to why anyone would want to go and see, let alone pay a stoopid amount for someone who was a mediocre 'pop act' 20 years ago and has done nothing since. I'm saving my money for the tina charles comeback tour! :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    mrushton wrote:
    What happens if it's a one-woman show with a penny whistle? There seems to be an opinion that this will be an amazing spectacle. Her original tour was because she was 19 and redefining performance art. But she's 55 with a fantastic back catalogue so it will be different (obviously)

I'm under no pretence that she is still the lithe 19/20 year old she was when she did her previous concerts. However for someone that likes her music, I have the opportunity for the first time ever to see her live. Whether it is an elaborate stage show or just her and a piano I'm not bothered.

Absolutely baffled as to why anyone would want to go and see, let alone pay a stoopid amount for someone who was a mediocre 'pop act' 20 years ago and has done nothing since. I'm saving my money for the tina charles comeback tour! :wink:

The World would be a boring place if we all liked the same things.
    My son likes a lot of the music that I do, but when I played him Kate Bush he questioned my sanity :D
    As for paying stupid amounts of money, had I not been able to get the tickets through official channels, I would not have even contemplated buying through touts.
    By the way, it was 30 years ago, not 20 ;-)
  • mrfpb
    My 11yr old and my friends 16yr old are both gutted at not getting tickets. The 16 yr old had a real wobbly when her dad tod her. Kicking the furniture, screaming at her parents. My 11 yr old was annoyed at the 14+ yrs age restriction.

In my opinion, Ariel (2005) was her best album.
  • mrushton
    mrfpb wrote:
    My 11yr old and my friends 16yr old are both gutted at not getting tickets. The 16 yr old had a real wobbly when her dad tod her. Kicking the furniture, screaming at her parents. My 11 yr old was annoyed at the 14+ yrs age restriction.

That's how it is in the real world unless you are or know someone who is rich and or powerful. Then you get the tickets for nothing or don't care about the cost. She sounds a charmer!
    M.Rushton
  • mrfpb
    Next time they need to ask applicants for a 500 word appreciation of "The Dreaming" before they give allocate them tickets.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    mrushton wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:

That's how it is in the real world unless you are or know someone who is rich and or powerful. Then you get the tickets for nothing or don't care about the cost. She sounds a charmer!

Maybe there's someone who can help around here? :wink: