Decision between 2 bikes (and an outside runner)

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm unable to really try any of them out, fitting into the cockpit is fine but either no testers available to sit there and say this is my favorite. So wondering what others would do. Except the Bianchi none of the colours make me fall in love but nor do I dislike them. I have a budget of £2500 give or take and yes I am happy to spend it on a bike before the better half bleeds it out of me on shoes and bags.

I'd like to be a bit different (ie not a trek, Giant or Spec more because most of the club ride them rather than anything else) Something which would keep me happy for 5+ years (10 hopefully but that isn't always the case) and enjoys climbing (doesn't need to make me good!)

Current riding is 200-300 miles a week normally with 1 or 2 big rides, often with 4-7k ft of climbing. Current ride is a Giant Compact TCR

Thanks for any thoughts good, bad and ugly.

Option one and two are on sale

Parlee Z5 frame - £1750 then another 750 for bits I guess (excluding wheels). Old frame with external routing. Would try and put Campo Athena on it.

13473289283_05443fef31.jpg

2013 Willier Cento 1 SR - £2650, Campo Athena 11, SL-k chainset and FSA brakes, Ful Quattro's. Biggest concern is the ISP, kind of petrified of the ISP.

Wilier-Cento-1-SR-driveside.jpg

Outsider is the Bianchi Sempre Pro, 2014, £2100 Ultegra 6800 with FSA Gossamer chainset and brakes.

13473176485_4c8b65463b.jpg
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Willier by a long way.
    I think on some Williers they thought ahead and designed them so you can take the hole isp off and use a normal post when you want to sell it.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • Pedro77
    Pedro77 Posts: 59
    Wilier for me... Well I am biased I have a Wilier GTR with the centaur groupset and got converted to the brand... Really nice attention to detail and finish.... Saving up for a Zero7 Record.. :)

Pedro
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Parlee by a long way, particularly as you want something different and you're unlikely to see another.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Argon 18 Gallium Pro
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Parlee, would give my left testicle to own one!
  • Flâneur
    Not the right? ;0 if the Parlee was in Matt black i'd have that in an instant, just not taken to the colour and I've never built a bike before and I have a suspicion the price will top out at 3k rather than 2.6k.

Raf glad I am just too poor to even consider it
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Not the right? ;0 if the Parlee was in Matt black i'd have that in an instant, just not taken to the colour and I've never built a bike before and I have a suspicion the price will top out at 3k rather than 2.6k.

Have a look at the built bike prices :-). I'm lucky enough to be building my own.
  • Camcycle1974
    sa0u823e wrote:

Love that colour, would look great with some matte black carbon wheels.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Probably the Parlee for me, though make sure you ride a Cento Uno first, too good to discount.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Parlee Parlee Parlee.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    Parlee all the way. Mine is matte black and I have no left testicle. But who ever needed two other than for matters of balance? You can custom paint it. It's unusual. It is the most responsive, smile inducing, beautifully designed and finished work of art I've ever ridden.

If you're a 54 and live anywhere near Bournemouth you can come and try it out. Everything else will fall by the wayside.

Edit: just seen you're nowhere near Bournemouth. Well, if you're ever in the area...
  • Flâneur
    Thanks for the offer, think I'll wait till year end bonus (if it exists) and go for a z5 in the colour I want, maybe do it with a trip to the states for the fake offset of paying less.

Cheers for all the views. Couldn't test the willier due to the seat post being far too high and I felt that 2650 for a bike that I didn't love the look of and wasn't sure I'd love in 3 years was a sensible option. Back to the drawing board if that bonus doesn't exist.

Thanks again for the time and input
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Camcycle1974
    djhermer wrote:
    Parlee all the way. Mine is matte black and I have no left testicle. But who ever needed two other than for matters of balance? You can custom paint it. It's unusual. It is the most responsive, smile inducing, beautifully designed and finished work of art I've ever ridden.

If you're a 54 and live anywhere near Bournemouth you can come and try it out. Everything else will fall by the wayside.

Edit: just seen you're nowhere near Bournemouth. Well, if you're ever in the area...

Worth sacrificing a testicle for! If it were me I would have to go full custom Z0 and sell my body for scientific research to pay for it. Also a trip to Boston would be in order to get measured etc. Place of my birth as it happens.
  • Flâneur
    Body available for all medical research, must keep arms and legs for cycling tho, then again some solid riders out there who don't have 4 limbs to aspire to match in talent.

Think it may be that way, catch a red sox game now the season has begun and as I like the Firefly multi colour pattern, and want them on the forks, could work out very well for everyone, except my wallet and the better halfs patience.

tumblr_n16betWkVt1qgwe7to1_500.jpg
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy