Scott Equalizer 2 Bushes

NickLCR
NickLCR Posts: 32
edited September 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Looking for some advice to remove the bushes from Scotts Equalizer 2 rear shock.

Its got 2 bushes on each side, so not like normal shock bushes so im not sure how to get them out.

Any advice? Cant seem to find a guide anywhere

Comments

• Prowlus
    Prowlus Posts: 539
    And thats why I sold my Ransom with its equalizer shock . Too complicated and not industry standard
  • Shouldn't cost much if you take it to your local bike shop. If you don't want to spend the pennies though I removed mine by cutting the bushings in my old equalizer with a junior hacksaw blade. I cut them just enough to split the bush and not cut into the actual shock itself. That way it loosens the fit and I was able just to push them out.

If you decide to do this don't blame me if you mess it up because I won't take any responsibility lol
  • Just read your post again. Those bits you see wither side are just black spacers, they are not the actual bushes themselves and should just pull out with a pair of plires. You are then left with the actual bushes still on the shock. You get new ones with a bush kit that costs £14.
  • NickLCR
    Mine are silver, like these off TF Tuned 7d0872bd-26fa-4407-b6fc-a1b100de27df_800x600.jpg
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Those look like reducers/fitting kit not bushes.

They just pull out of the bush in the shock.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • NickLCR
    Which parts do I need? The Spherical Bearing and the Mount Kit? Or is the mount kit reuseable?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    It all depends on what you are wanting to do. What has worn out? What do you want to replace?

DU bushes need a tool. Fitting kits can be removed and fitted with most tools that people have at home.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • TF Tuned now sell replacement mount kits, if this is what you are looking forhttp://www.tftuned.com/mount-kit-m6x14-equalizer-2-3/p2943
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Awesome thread resurrection.

If he hasn't found what he's looking for in the last 2 odd years....

Maybe even more awesome is one post in ten years. Welcome back?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Awesome thread resurrection.

If he hasn't found what he's looking for in the last 2 odd years....

Maybe even more awesome is one post in ten years. Welcome back?

Been too busy riding :D