a thing of greatness, looked awesome

http://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/product/santa ... tAodGXEAMQ

Comments

• pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Ten grand and no pedals haha
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Rastafari graphics, mmm... tasteful. Order me two.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    SA flag, so assume you are joking and not ignorant.

I might just get a No 1 plate and put it on my bike.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • pesky_jones
    Rastafrian colours are the Ehtiopian colours - seeing as Ras Tafari (Haile Selassie) was the Ethiopian emperor. They believe he was the next jesus or something.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613

Top end bikes very rarely come with pedals, why add £100 to the price when most people will know exactly what they want, be they flats, SPDs, Crank Bros etc.
  • pesky_jones
    njee20 wrote:

Top end bikes very rarely come with pedals, why add £100 to the price when most people will know exactly what they want, be they flats, SPDs, Crank Bros etc.

I know, but its a funny concept isnt it
  • njee20
    No, for the exact reason I said, it makes perfect sense.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I'm with you Pesky - funny concept, I knew you knew.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Other than the wheels its a bit of an average build.
    I never liked the way the V10 rides, I tried aluminium and carbon variants and wasn't all that impressed.
  • AAddict
    AAddict Posts: 77
    Might be worth it for a Peaty edition.
  • rockmonkeysc
    AAddict wrote:

They did one a couple years ago for £7500.
    You can buy a place on Peaty's team for about £20k.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    AAddict wrote:

orange made one a few years back
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    njee20 wrote:

I know, but its a funny concept isnt it
    How about a £500 bike with no pedals, at one point no Boardman came with pedals, sounds like a seriously sensible concept to me.

As for the colour scheme, the Ethiopian flag is red, yellow, green, the RSA flag is red, yellow, green, black, white and blue, it's clear the colours on the bike are not those of the Ethiopian flag only and the shape (especially the black triangle) make it the flag of the RSA.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Buying a bike with pedals is an odd concept, unless it us for the kids or commuting.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    nicklouse wrote:
    Buying a bike with pedals is an odd concept, unless it us for the kids or commuting.
    Why commuting? I use SPD's for commuting so wouldn't want to pay for pedals I didn't want/need.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    njee20 wrote:

I understand this reasoning, but what i've personally never understood is why, if you're going to apply said reasoning to pedals, you don't then apply it to other things like tyres, handlebars and saddles as well, which are just as much a thing of personal taste. It does seem silly to me to stop short of a complete bike, when they could just chuck in a cheapo pair of flats for probably £3.
  • pesky_jones
    jimothy78 wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

I understand this reasoning, but what i've personally never understood is why, if you're going to apply said reasoning to pedals, you don't then apply it to other things like tyres, handlebars and saddles as well, which are just as much a thing of personal taste. It does seem silly to me to stop short of a complete bike, when they could just chuck in a cheapo pair of flats for probably £3.

Exactly what I thought but couldnt be bothered to argue
  • njee20
    jimothy78 wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

Virtually all bikes will come with a pair of plastic flats in the box, but shops won't waste their time fitting them.

You can't have a bike on the shop floor without tyres or handlebars, and actually I'd say fewer people do have a strong preference for handlebars than pedals, the vast majority will try stock tyres too. Few people are going to say "I know I've got 5 bikes with SPDs, but I'll try these flats anyway".
  • pesky_jones
    njee20 wrote:
    Top end bikes very rarely come with pedals
    njee20 wrote:
    Virtually all bikes will come with a pair of plastic flats in the box,

Just saying
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    cooldad wrote:
    SA flag, so assume you are joking and not ignorant.
    Rastafrian colours are the Ehtiopian colours - seeing as Ras Tafari (Haile Selassie) was the Ethiopian emperor. They believe he was the next jesus or something.
    The Rookie wrote:
    As for the colour scheme, the Ethiopian flag is red, yellow, green, the RSA flag is red, yellow, green, black, white and blue, it's clear the colours on the bike are not those of the Ethiopian flag only and the shape (especially the black triangle) make it the flag of the RSA.

It realy was just a joke, folks. Just a comment on how hideous it is.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • njee20
    njee20 wrote:
    Top end bikes very rarely come with pedals
    njee20 wrote:
    Virtually all bikes will come with a pair of plastic flats in the box,

Just saying

There's a difference between coming with pedals (ie ones you'd use), and some shitty resin flats to comply with the law.
  • rockmonkeysc
    My downhill bike came with some nukeproof flats and a full set of reflectors! No bell though.