Wiggle Price Promise

bockers
bockers Posts: 146
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Has anyone had any experience of this, mine is not good. It took them three days to respond, by which time I had bought elsewhere. When they did respond they pointed out that one of the items was no longer available in Wiggle or the other shop, which clearly wasn't the issue when my price match was raised.

In general I won't bother again and will just have to forego my Haribo :(

3 days for a price match, seriously, I was expecting a response in under the hour!

Comments

• ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Only had one experience which was positive. Ribble were ending a special offer the next day and I was skint as it was 2 days before payday, so I asked Wiggle to Price Match, which they did and gave me a voucher to use within 3 days. Only took a few hours too

I suspect they have busier periods
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I've had a mixed bag, like you in one occasion they took 3 days to answer by which time it was too late to buy at that price from the other place.

Most times though they have been very good and sometimes they make mistakes, which means they give you even a bigger discount than the one they are meant to give :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I have just this very moment done it. Submitted the request yesterday a'noon and received my voucher code by 10 this morning.

Saved £9 on some Shimano PTFE gear and brake cablesets. Price matched vs. Ribble.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Just one experience for me, which was positive.

They price-matched a pair of Bont road shoes to the advertised price from leisurelake bikes. Tehy responded within 24hrs.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    To be fair, from Wiggles Price Promise T&C's:

"We strive to respond to all price match requests within 1 business day, but it could take longer during periods of high volume"
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • I blame Wiggle
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    They turned mine down for a spurious reason, the real reason was there was a 40 quid difference. I got it from Ribble instead.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I'm not sure why it matters? If they BEAT the price, or you could pick it up from a physical shop then I would - but why not just go with the company that offers you the best price?
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    Never used Wiggles price promise but the Evans price match it superb. I submitted a price match on a set of dura ace wheels (ironically against Wiggle) late one evening and I had the reply and online code within an hour.

P
  • antsmithmk
    antsmithmk Posts: 717
    Only 1 positive experience here. They price matched planet x on a pair of Fizik road shoes with 48 hours. £60 instead of £250...
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    mroli wrote:
    I'm not sure why it matters? If they BEAT the price, or you could pick it up from a physical shop then I would - but why not just go with the company that offers you the best price?

Well I try them because like most stores they deliver free to the Highlands. But Cycle Surgery, where I saw the good price, charge £15 (free for the rest of UK). But when I tried Wiggle they pointed out that the discount code wasn't available on CS's site but elsewhere so they wouldn't match - it took 3 days because I asked on a Friday.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • I phoned them and they just did the price match immediately over the phone. The guy on the other end clearly just went on the web and checked it.

I cannot be bothered to wait. I am an impulsive shopper. If i want something I go online and order it. I lose interest if I have to wait for a reply. If they hadn't done it straight away I would have ordered from someone else.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    With Wiggle it depends which member of staff you get to respond. For me Wiggle have been excellent other than one recent episode when I was sent someone else's order and mine went elsewhere. The first member of staff that responded to my email was absolutely no help and a waste of space. His solution to the problem was problematic for me the customer and he failed to respond to my response. The second member of staff I got the following day couldn't have been more helpful and was a credit to Wiggle. Wrongly delivered goods gone and correct items delivered within 24 hrs.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    How about just buy from the site/shop that is offering it cheaper in the first place.
    If everyone used them as a price matching whore then they would go out of business and you lose an outlet selling cheaper than wiggle.

If you need to get a shop/site to price match something then it can only be because they are offering you something extra, and sometimes you might have to pay for that.

Shops only offer price matching because customers are sneaky and unfair, so don't moan at them if they sometimes act in the same way.
    Its a bonus when it works but think you have to take it on the chin when it doesn't.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Carbonator wrote:
    How about just buy from the site/shop that is offering it cheaper in the first place.
    If everyone used them as a price matching whore then they would go out of business and you lose an outlet selling cheaper than wiggle.

If you need to get a shop/site to price match something then it can only be because they are offering you something extra, and sometimes you might have to pay for that.

Shops only offer price matching because customers are sneaky and unfair, so don't moan at them if they sometimes act in the same way.
    Its a bonus when it works but think you have to take it on the chin when it doesn't.

Couldn't agree more. If Wiggle are so concerned about cornering the market, then they should ensure they sell the item cheaper anyway without customers doing their market research for them. They know what the item costs to them and what is a fair mark up for profit.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    The reason I buy from Wiggle is their outstanding customer support when things go wrong. Ribble and others could learn a thing or two about how to deal with a problem.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I'll search a few shops - Wiggle, CRC, Ribble, may be one or two others depending how expensive the item is and hence how much I might save. A quick google is enough to spot if someone is offering a good deal.
    The more expensive it is, the more I search. I also look at Halfords due to the BC 10% discount plus I get another 8% off with my Corporate Mastercard (a work benefit).
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • k3vinjam3s
    k3vinjam3s Posts: 266
    Personally i use halfords price match then get an extra 10% off from bc discount. Only problem their stock isn't as vast as some other outlets.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    spent thousands with wiggle, then the one time I wanted to use their price match was told their was a 5 day wait, haven't felt the need to go back to wiggle since.. not blaming them or anything.. just saying :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    spent thousands with wiggle, then the one time I wanted to use their price match was told their was a 5 day wait, haven't felt the need to go back to wiggle since.. not blaming them or anything.. just saying :wink:

What...you're NOT blaming wiggle? :P :shock:
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    I want to, but I daren't, I have a long memory!! :lol:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....