Canyon Ultimate CF SLX delivery sweepstake

benpatton
benpatton Posts: 20
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
Well I've finally taken the plunge and ordered a XL sized Canyon Ultimate CF XLS 9.0. Currently listed as in stock.

Very happy and excited about the purchase, not so happy about the credit card bill that will eventually fall through my letter box.....I am however looking forward to a summer zipping along the lanes of rural Aberdeenshire.

The question is when will it be delivered? Based on previous posts, delivery of "in stock' bikes can be weeks/months. Will my dream of a summer of new bike heaven be dashed, with a delivery in winter 2014.....

I should add that the Canyon may not have been the best choice of frame for me as the BB spec has its limitations. A while ago I made a change to a Rotor 3D+ assembly with its 30mm axle, and I intend to move this over to the new bike (as its a P2M assembly), the 41mm ID shell from the BB86 spec BB currently only allows 'special' bearings to be used (currently only available from Rotor themselves). I've ordered a set of bearings, but I would be interested to hear from anyone using a similar setup, and how they are finding bearing longevity....

Comments

• mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    Still waiting for my in stock CF SLX 9.0 Pro. Original confirmation of order said it would be shipped Week 8 (Feb 17). After email and telephone information each week from Canyon UK saying bike delivery has been delayed, have received new official confirmation stating it is due to be shipped this week (Week 13) with free Oakleys, top and bib tights to compensate.

Let's hope I receive email to say it's been shipped later today or tomorrow.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    This is the one thing preventing me from ordering an Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 Pro, if it says 'in stock' then you expect delivery to take place within a week. Germany or not. No compensation would be good enough for me have to say. Quite disgusting to keep you waiting like this imo.
  • benpatton
    Well the confirmation is in from Canyon.

Delivery week 13 (2014 hopefully). We will see how close to this "theoretical" shipping week they manage to achieve.....
  • antsmithmk
    antsmithmk Posts: 717
    Order a Rose imo. Cheaper, better spec and delivered in 2 weeks....
  • antsmithmk wrote:

How many pro-tour wins on the Rose frame?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • benpatton wrote:

I should add that the Canyon may not have been the best choice of frame for me as the BB spec has its limitations. A while ago I made a change to a Rotor 3D+ assembly with its 30mm axle, and I intend to move this over to the new bike (as its a P2M assembly), the 41mm ID shell from the BB86 spec BB currently only allows 'special' bearings to be used (currently only available from Rotor themselves). I've ordered a set of bearings, but I would be interested to hear from anyone using a similar setup, and how they are finding bearing longevity....

You sound like you don't know what you are talking about.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    antsmithmk wrote:

What's that got to do with anything? Both Rose and Canyon make great bikes but the point being made was that Rose's customer service is better, which it is.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • Curto80 wrote:
    antsmithmk wrote:

What's that got to do with anything? Both Rose and Canyon make great bikes but the point being made was that Rose's customer service is better, which it is.

No point in having a great service whilst at the same time knowing that you are never going to win a pro-tour.
    Who wants to ride about with that thought eating away at you?
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • curto80
    Curto80 wrote:
    antsmithmk wrote:

No point in having a great service whilst at the same time knowing that you are never going to win a pro-tour.

Damn it you're right, this has ruined my summer
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Crickey, glad I've got a trek then. Me and special bag are gonna win..
  • Crickey, glad I've got a trek then. Me and special bag are gonna win..

If you do win then you will spend the rest of your life wondering when you will be stripped of your title.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    My CF SL 9.0 arrived over a month early. Brilliant customer service as well.
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    Mercia Man wrote:
    Still waiting for my in stock CF SLX 9.0 Pro. Original confirmation of order said it would be shipped Week 8 (Feb 17). After email and telephone information each week from Canyon UK saying bike delivery has been delayed, have received new official confirmation stating it is due to be shipped this week (Week 13) with free Oakleys, top and bib tights to compensate.

Let's hope I receive email to say it's been shipped later today or tomorrow.

Here's an update on my Canyon saga. The bike has not been shipped this week and I am told it is unlikely to be shipped next week or the week after. I have cancelled my order.

Buying a new bike is supposed to be a process of joyful anticipation, not frustration and hassle. I ordered an "in stock" Canyon CF SLX on Feb 8 because it was excellent value and would be with me within a few days. That was not the case.

Just come off the phone with Robin at Canyon UK who has been decent and honest about the situation and says they are doing their best to keep customers informed. He says it's really annoying because they want to get their UK customers on their bikes as soon as possible.

He says Canyon is suffering major capacity issues combined with a lot of orders. "We are facing problems with staffing and continuation of the production line and finishing packing bikes and getting them out to customers. This has been happening badly over the last few weeks."
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    tsk dear oh dear, I just wish they would be more upfront about it and state this delay on their web site, just the numbered week system they do seem to keen on using, so at least you know you are not going to get your bike until a month or two, or longer .... don't blame you for cancelling.
  • curto80
    Amazing, now you can get a Rose
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • antsmithmk
    antsmithmk Posts: 717
    Curto80 wrote:
    Amazing, now you can get a Rose

And be riding it Easter weekend :-)
  • Brommers76
    Brommers76 Posts: 234
    I ordered a CF SL 9.0 a couple of weeks ago and it was given a delivery week of 21. This was fine by me as I need to sell my old bike and save some pennies (part of the conditions of purchase dictated by the wife). This will be my commuter so I had no issue with it being delivered late either as I could use my other bike.

However, I got an email on Saturday to say it was being assembled and soon after an email to say it had been passed to UPS! I don't feel I should complain, particularly when some of you guys have been waiting so long. I have some explaining to do which is taking the excitement off the delivery of the bike :?

Anybody else with massively early delivery?
  • davem399
    davem399 Posts: 269
    Brommers76 wrote:
    Probably Katusha and Movistar!! :D
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Brommers76 wrote:
    I ordered a CF SL 9.0 a couple of weeks ago and it was given a delivery week of 21. This was fine by me as I need to sell my old bike and save some pennies (part of the conditions of purchase dictated by the wife). This will be my commuter so I had no issue with it being delivered late either as I could use my other bike.

However, I got an email on Saturday to say it was being assembled and soon after an email to say it had been passed to UPS! I don't feel I should complain, particularly when some of you guys have been waiting so long. I have some explaining to do which is taking the excitement off the delivery of the bike :?

What size are you getting?
    Mine (Also CF SL 9.0) is due week 17 so not due yet but just wondering.
    I've ordered a size M with a VCLS 2.0 seatpost.
  • narbs
    narbs Posts: 593
    I ordered a CF SL frameset back in November, scheduled for week 15 delivery which is next week.

Checked with Canyon UK a couple of weeks ago and that's still the schedule. We will see!
  • Brommers76
    My order was for the silver/cyan in a size M with a compact on it. I will contact them to see if it is an error.
  • ai_1
    Brommers76 wrote:
    My order was for the silver/cyan in a size M with a compact on it. I will contact them to see if it is an error.
    It's unlikely to be an error I would think. Presumably they ship as and when all parts plus build time become available. Mine's the same spec and size as yours but in black/silver and a VCLS 2 post. No reason to expect the same availability as yours!
  • gadam
    gadam Posts: 9
    I'm also waiting for a CF SL frame set in black. I ordered it in February and it is expected on week 17. I hope it will at least be on time. I feel like a child before Christmas.
  • ai_1
    gadam wrote:
    I'm also waiting for a CF SL frame set in black. I ordered it in February and it is expected on week 17. I hope it will at least be on time. I feel like a child before Christmas.
    Race you! First one to get their bike wins!
    Mine's a size M 9.0. You?

I've been second guessing my choice and wondering if I should have gone for a Felt AR4 instead (I know, totally different bike!) Botj are long lead items at the moment but if the Canyon gets delayed and the Felt comes in stock locally I just might switch.
    You hear that Canyon?
  • Brommers76
    Checked with canyon and they have confirmed it is shipping. Looking forward to this.
  • gadam
    gadam Posts: 9
    @Ai_1 Haha, challenge accepted. Mine is an L though. I think Joaquim Rodríguez must actually be riding it from a remote Chinese industrial park to my front door, otherwise it surely wouldn't take so long. I really don't see how it does not pay off to Canyon to increase capacity (decrease customer annoyance). How many orders do they lose like this?
  • benpatton
    Well, I've just received confirmation that they are preparing my order for dispatch.

Scheduled week for delivery 17, but it looks like it will be here a week earlier.

Looking forward to the continued good weather to get some miles in before my first Sportive.