is this a good idea for us cyclist?

2»

Comments

• So would it be better if the lights were orange?
    And that’s a good point I don’t think you would know if it stopped working?
    Thing is I seen it and pre ordered one as in theory it seemed like a good idea, but now reading through everyone’s post and replies, I think I may ask for a refund back?
    So does everyone agree that this product is no good to us cyclist?
  • I've seen these before but they are a bit silly to say the least! http://www.winkku.co.uk/

yeah im not to sure on these, i thought the bag version was better only because it was slightly higher up and more visible to others.
  • probably find they are not legal for use on the road in the UK.
    They also confuse the driver behind, if the arrow is pointing right does this mean the cyclist is turning right or is telling the driver to go to the right (to overtake).
    If I ran someone over with this on I'd sue their ars* off, the manufacture, and the shop they bought it from.
    If you want to indicate a change in direction look behind then stick your arm out and look behind again. Anything else and you will receive the Darwin award.

lol @ the darwin award. so do you think it would be better if the lights were orange instead of green?
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    It's not just a matter of the colour of the lights. It's the icons, the location, anything that isn't obvious because it works the same as conventional road vehicle lighting.
    On the road, ambiguity and confusion equals danger. Therefore this system is dangerous.