Even Gwyneth Paltrow can't stand Coldplay anymore

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited March 2014 in The cake stop
Gwyneth and Chris Martin splitting up. The oh-so-philospohical press release bullshit read out on BBC News made me say 'oh f**k off' at the TV.
The statement was also accompanied by a photograph of the couple, as well as advice on marriage, divorce and spiritualism from two doctors.

In a lengthy essay titled On Conscious Uncoupling, Dr Habib Sadeghi and Dr Sherry Sami wrote about divorce as "a traumatic and difficult decision for all parties involved".

"By choosing to handle your uncoupling in a conscious way, regardless of what's happening with your spouse, you'll see that although it looks like everything is coming apart; it's actually all coming back together," they concluded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26742965

There was some idiot woman going on about this Concious Uncoupling crap on the news, where's a job chucking an empty coke can at someone when you need it eh?

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    very good :D

if I hear about it once more on the radio news I'll...

and here I am posting (hypocrite) :D
  • mfin
    It's not the fact they've split up that gets me, cos of course any celebrity couple splitting up will hit the news. It's this painting common sense as some kind of higher level spiritual bullshit that makes me sick. Spiritual advisors!? Why don't they p1ss off (on a spiritual level if they want to).
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    mfin wrote:
    It's not the fact they've split up that gets me, cos of course any celebrity couple splitting up will hit the news. It's this painting common sense as some kind of higher level spiritual bullshit that makes me sick. Spiritual advisors!? Why don't they p1ss off (on a spiritual level if they want to).

Spend a while in LA and you will realise just how widespread this is.
    Its an epidemic.
    Living MY dream.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Uncoupling?

Isn't it 'de-coupling'?

And on the story itself - who gives a fook.
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    Uncoupling?

Isn't it 'de-coupling'?

And on the story itself - who gives a fook.

In the US it's probably de-couplizing or de-couplization!

edit - dibs on Paltrow
    tick - tick - tick
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Rumour has it the parting was caused by their son Moses.....
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    seanoconn wrote:

:lol::lol:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Ha ha
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    RideOnTime wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

:lol::lol:

also she finally listened to one of their records
  • mfin
    VTech wrote:
    mfin wrote:

Spend a while in LA and you will realise just how widespread this is.
    Its an epidemic.

Oh, I know it, things like this are almost normal in many circles there, even though anyone normal would dismiss it in minutes. Or, perhaps I need spiritual guidance? Hang on! perhaps I do! We're all part of a greater... (hang on, caught myself there with the early onset of 'boll*cks'. Phew, thank Christ for that. No, sh1t, hang on, that would be stupid. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out).

Actually, this morning I had Jehovah's Witnesses at the door for the first time in ages, I was gutted I had to cut them immediately short cos I was too busy. I normally at least like to make sure I wind them up a bit in return for them slightly inconveniencing me.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    BigJimmyB wrote:

edit - dibs on Paltrow

If she's willing to spend that amount of time with that XXXX from Coldplay, you are more than welcome to her....
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Celebrity couple in break up shocker, in other news, a tramp was found sleeping in a doorway. :roll:

Celebrity, it's all a loadabollocks.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    BigJimmyB wrote:

edit - dibs on Paltrow

If she's willing to spend that amount of time with that XXXX from Coldplay, you are more than welcome to her....
    i think she is probably constituted out of dried tofu. You need to soak her overnight before she is edible.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Reminds me of Mel Brooks live on the subject of LA:

"I moved to LA. I went to this party and the first thing someone asked to me was 'Whos' your shrink?'. I said that I didn't have one. She said 'Whats the matter with you?' "
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    On the plus side Apple might be in for a nice windfall.