Bianchi Sempre Pro 2014 - any views from riders?

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi, about to replace/create a second bike of my Giant TCR comp 3 and the Sempre Pro (black/white ultegra) has caught my eye. Going to try and take one out for an hour or so if I can later but was wondering if anyone here had ridden one and could offer some views from longer rides / Hills / just generally having done more than an hour in a test saddle

Thanks in advance
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    You may wish to post this question in Road Buying Advice.

This board is for forum users to show off their pride and joy :wink:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • ivanoile
    ivanoile Posts: 202
    I have "regular" Sempre.It is a great bike,but their BB30 made me a lot of problems.Position is low(short head tube),great response and I love it in sprints.But it is not very comfy,very direct and harsh when compared to Madone H2 6.5.
    No problems on hills for me as the only difference I can tell is that sprints and response,everything else is for me the same.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Cheers Ivanoile
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    I have a 2013 Sempre Pro (bought in the "sales" at the end of 2013). I've only done about 600 miles on it so far. I've found it comfortable and responsive (it can take more than I can give, sadly). I don't find the position low (although, I was between sizes and went up rather than down) but I do find the steering a bit fast (or twitchy depending on how you look at it) and that isn't helped by the 35mm profile rims when it's windy. Overall, I'm very pleased with it.
  • Spudboy
    Spudboy Posts: 101
    I have a 2013 Sempre Pro (same as 2014 except BB30 instead of PF30 bottom bracket) and I find it comfortable, stiff and not overly agressive. To be honest the most important factor in comfort is the tyre pressure and to a lesser extent the type of wheels. I haven't found the steering twitchy but then I ride a 61cm with a 130mm stem. Have a test ride and see what you think but you shouldn't worry about being able to ride it all day, especiallly if you put some nice handbuilts on it with 25c tires. It is a race bike though and if you want your handlebars high/tall headtube then there are better options but the Sempre has sensible geometry and for me is a joy to ride.