Crank Brothers Joplin seat post

Prowlus
Prowlus Posts: 539
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
I'm beginning to miss my old crank brothers Joplin seat post on my old Ransom that I sold 2 weeks ago because it gave me the ability to adjust my body geometry relative to my bike when climbing hills and i'm wondering if i should buy the same seat post again

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cra ... 5#features

When I bought my 2009Joplin, they were having qc problems with the product because it was one of the first droppers on the market (despite mine having no problems for the 5 years I have used it) but have they moved on then or should I go and save up for something alot more pricier?

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Tbh, I'd rather have one of the cheapo mechanical droppers, like TMars or Satori, than a Joplin, even with that big discount. X-Fusion HiLos can sometimes be found for around that price too. If anything CB droppers are the same quality or worse than before. They took all they'd learnt with the Joplin and... did nothing with it. Used a completely new, untested, design for the Kronolog post instead, which doesn't seem to have been a good idea.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    My joplin was ruddy awful. Sure I bought it second hand but even after a full service it lasted a few months before it was knackered again. Spend a bit more and get a reverb.