I'm looking for first road bike and think I have narrowed it down to 2 bikes

Giant defy 1 or cube peloton race

Cube is better spec with full 105

What would you suggest ?
Max 1000 as going to use bike to work

Comments

• nedmoran
    nedmoran Posts: 53
    For your 1st bike, i'd go for the giant. It'll be more comfortable with a more relaxed position. The cube has more of a race position. I chose between the 2 (Defy 3) myself 2 years ago and went for the defy. I've upgraded again and my defy is still a more comfy ride.
  • steve_kay
    steve_kay Posts: 197
    I currently have the 2014 Cube Agree GTC Sl and It's a fantastic bike. I don't find it uncomfortable (Bar the standard saddle which I had to change). Bear in mind that while nedmoran made a valid point about the position of the giant being more relaxed, you can have the Cube fitted so that it will suit the sort of riding you'll be doing or feel more comfortable with. I know that the frame on the peloton is different from the agree but they aren't so different that they can't be broadly comparable.
  • Guys, decision made defy 1 ordered, just got to wait for voucher from cycle scheme
  • ellerino
    ellerino Posts: 37
    Was in exactly the same boat yesterday, i also chose the Defy 1 over the Peloton. The spec on the cube is slightly better with wheel set and brakes, but to me the Giants frame is more comfort based and looks so much better finished welds,tubes etc. Hardest choice was what colour ?
    Happy with my choice and also like you have to wait for my cycle to work voucher
  • Bike arrived first quick outing very enjoyable , many more fun miles to come.
  • dizarch
    dizarch Posts: 152
    Welcome to the happy Defy 1 owners club:-)

For a really, really good upgrade stick some Continental Grand Prix 4000's on and you'll find it's even better, around 10% better!
    Getting older and wanting to go further

Strava: http://www.strava.com/athletes/4664961

Twitter: @miles505050