Campy neutron rear 9 broken spokes

bukowski102
bukowski102 Posts: 88
edited April 2014 in Workshop
Hiya dont often post much on here, was looking for some advice please....

someone ran into my rear wheel at castle combe last sunday and broke 9 non drive side spokes on my campy
neutrons. I have seen spoke kits available but would have to buy multiple kits that would be costly,

so should I do this or would the wheel need rebuilding? the rims quite warped. Or would it be the same cost
(spokes,rebuild labour) to buy a new wheel/set?

secondly would any other spokes fit these wheels?

Many thanks in advance people.

Comments

• Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Hiya dont often post much on here, was looking for some advice please....

someone ran into my rear wheel at castle combe last sunday and broke 9 non drive side spokes on my campy
    neutrons. I have seen spoke kits available but would have to buy multiple kits that would be costly,

so should I do this or would the wheel need rebuilding? the rims quite warped. Or would it be the same cost
    (spokes,rebuild labour) to buy a new wheel/set?

secondly would any other spokes fit these wheels?

Many thanks in advance people.

Neutrons are built in a very specific way, I have repaired soem but they are very difficult to get perfect, speak to Graeme at www.velotech-cycling.ltd.uk as he is able to sort them out and provide the spokes,
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,272
    Sapim CX Ray straight pull will fit and be pretty much the same thing, but you have to keep all the spoke washers on the nipple side and on the head side. Can't recall the size
    A bent rim of that weight cannot be fixed in a bench vice, without seeing it it's hard to say if it's warped due to the collapse of the NDS or it's bent.

Horrible wheels to rebuild...

PS: don't open multiple threads on the same topic!!!
    left the forum March 2023
  • Thanks Velonutter will contact him tmoz, thanks USantalucia I will look into those spokes the rim is not bent by the impact just from the broken spokes, and didnt realise you
    were not allowed to open multiple threads? is it dangerous? seems like you get more answers....

Thanks again
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,272
    were not allowed to open multiple threads? is it dangerous? seems like you get more answers....

Thanks again

Rules:

6) No cross posting. Post your message to the appropriate forum and nowhere else or it will be locked or deleted without warning.
    left the forum March 2023
  • Gotcha Ugo,

cheers
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    He's got his grumpy head on today :)
  • andy_wrx wrote:
    He's got his grumpy head on today :)

Fo Sure :roll: :wink: