Best website for groupsets?

Rudd
Rudd Posts: 264
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Hello all,

I'm trying to find a good website to order a campagnolo groupset and preferably a 2013 version to save some cash. My usual favourites such as wiggle aren't really helping me. By good I mean:

Good value
Trustworthy
Give you lots of options ie crank length, compact etc etc

Thanks for your help

DR.

Comments

• DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Ribble and Merlin.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Chain Reaction, Wiggle, ProBikeit and Planet X are worth a look but agree with DiscoBoy, my first reference points for groupset/ components would be Merlin and Ribble. Depending on how flush you are, it is worth spending a while checking them out as promotions appear from time to time.

Peter
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Merlin first, Ribble 2nd. But for SRAM also see http://www.fudgescyclestore.com/index.php?c=5235&brand
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Right, seeing as the OP is after Campag, better to point him at places that sell what he wants. Although if we're pointing at things he doesn't want then for semiconductors see Farnell.com. For Campag Ribble, Shinybikes, Maestro might be worth asking too.

Price matching Ribble is normally what I've ended up asking people to do, I don't know what offers they have on at the moment. Also, do you have a shop locally that is a Campag service centre that you can ask for a price match(or close enough to be sensible) to something like Ribble or Shinybikes, if so, that's what I tend to do, as if you get a problem that's where you might end up anyway.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Well Merlin used to sell various campag gruppos but only one in at minute and Fudges used to sell them I'm sure - could bere stocking. Still worth checking before purchase though.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Ribble when they have a sale, and usually best to buy the components separately rather than the whole group as one bindle
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    Ribble and Merlin.

+1
    Some great deals here.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Rudd
    Rudd Posts: 264
    thanks for all your replies!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Don't touch Shinybikes with a bargepole!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I've bought 3 group sets from Merlin. No problems whatsoever. Great service and usually the cheapest. Seems like Ribble and Merlin often set their prices to be equal or ever so slightly cheaper.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • mattythemod
    mattythemod Posts: 289
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Don't touch Shinybikes with a bargepole!

Shiny bikes AKA shitty bikes bunch of cowboys ...plenty of threads on here about the crap customer service .

Ribble have good prices and better customer service imho not to mention they dont make stupid picking mistakes .
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Comtat can have some campag bargains too.