16000m of climbing in one ride :!: :!: :!:

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/14-1000/ :shock: :oops:

Bit more info if your up for it :mrgreen:http://www.millecymru.com/

Comments

• marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Very much sold out I am afraid.

It will be a super ride.

Not for me this year - I ride the 24hr National TT the week before, and I have an even longer, hillier ride booked in for July, so the time away just wasn't available for this ride.

It'll be nails, but will reward the riders all the way around. Vorsprung rode it last time (2010) and I believe Grill is in for it this year.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Yup, I'm riding it. At the moment I'm up in the air on the 24hr National TT as I don't know if 5 days recovery will be enough (it should). I missed the LEL last year because I blew out my knee on the Nat 24 the week before, so I have to decide if I want to risk it again...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Grill wrote:
    Yup, I'm riding it. At the moment I'm up in the air on the 24hr National TT as I don't know if 5 days recovery will be enough (it should). I missed the LEL last year because I blew out my knee on the Nat 24 the week before, so I have to decide if I want to risk it again...

Exact opposite for me - I committed to the 24 as a concept late last year, and as much as I want to ride the MC1K, I just can't. Partly time and partly I am just not sure about recovery from the 24 - I've heard so many different sides of it. I rode the majority of the way southbound on LEL with someone who'd ridden the 24 the week before and he seemed in pretty good shape!

MC1K will be awesome, but certainly a challenge.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    My family owned the West End Cafe in Llandovery, Grill. I hope you enjoy your custard slice!
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Gethinceri wrote:
    My family owned the West End Cafe in Llandovery, Grill. I hope you enjoy your custard slice!

I stopped there twice on the Brevet Cymru last year. Not a cake eater, but I sure enjoyed my jacket potato. :mrgreen:
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg