Anti-TT

Dizzy12
Dizzy12 Posts: 24
edited April 2014 in Amateur race
Hi All,

I'm looking to get into road racing next year, but I'm more of climber as opposed big watts, big power kind of guy; therefore, I'm not a massive fan of Time Trailing and, to be frank, not overly keen to do it.

I was wondering, can you enter and move up from 4-5-3rd cats without having to do time trails?

Thoughts?

d

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    You really need to post on 'Amateur race', but the simple answer is yes.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,582
    As above, it's an amateur race issue really but yes. In fact, unless you are in Scotland time trials are generally carried out under a different organisation (Cycling Time Trials rather than British Cycling) and therefore it is highly unusual to get any points towards moving up categories from time trials, you will only get them from road racing (or track). That said, even with road racing, in most parts of the country there aren't many courses that suit climbers and most people start off racing on flat closed circuits.
  • overlord2
    overlord2 Posts: 339
    You can climb hills but you can't time trial? I think you are being lazy. :wink:
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    not a big power kind of guy but you are big power. I am confused. TT's are about keeping a steady effort what ever that max effort is for you.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.