Best full suspension 650b bike for under £2500

fatdanwatts
fatdanwatts Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
I recently purchased a Whyte 801 to get back into mountain biking after about 10 years away from the sport. I absolutely love it but want to get a full suspension instead as I'm using it on a lot rougher terrain than is comfortable. I'm looking to spend between £2000 and £2500 and was wondering what the best available 650b bike in this price bracket would be. I have been looking at the Whyte G150 and the Lapierre Zesty AM 327 but am open to anything.

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    check out the various other threads on this subject posted on the forum
  • HardrockRob
    HardrockRob Posts: 230
    In terms of value for money have a look at Canyon (Spectral or Nerve) . Might have a long wait though.

How much travel are you looking for? Presumably more all mountain/trail type bike if you already have a hardtail and the Zesty is on your list. Are you intending to keep the Whyte?
    2015 Nukeproof Mega TR 275 in raw
  • aidso
    aidso Posts: 493
    Have heard great things of the Giant Trance 27.5
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    aidso wrote:
    Have heard great things of the Giant Trance 27.5

Excellent bike ruined by terrible forks. Well worth buying in America where they have a choice other than the awful Fox Float/Talas Evolution.

My choice would be the Kona Process 134 or Nukeproof Mega TR. The only reason I bought the Nukeproof over the Kona was the huge discounts on the old 26" Mega TR.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    Id go with the whyte g150 if it was my dosh .
    loads of travel great trail or enduro bike and it has one of the best forks of the moment the pike, plus it looks bloody good which always helps.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I love the look and quality of the G150, but reviews were lacklustre, complaining of too much flex in the rear end and rear suspension that didn't match up to the Pike fork.
  • broona
    broona Posts: 414
    I'm just about to pull the trigger on a custom Rose Granite Chief, hopefully my customised spec comes up on the link - http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-gr ... -jdIu-jdIv

For less than £2.5k, I don't see how you can do much better, mate's got one in a very similar spec and it's awesome! :)