Handlebars

Simon430
Simon430 Posts: 118
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Having bought a new bike and the bars it came with, Deda RHM 02, just don't suit me. When in the drops I like to put my hands on a flat section but these don't extend too far back from the tops so find my forearms hitting the tops.

On my other bike I'm using giant connect sl bars, and the drops extend behind the tops a bit, does any body know of any bars similar to this?

Comments

• FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    I know what you mean, FSA's compact bars sweep back quite far and give a nice platform for big ring chugging.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I think deda bars work best with campagnolo shifters and these give a nice flat platform for your hands.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    My 2nd hand Pro Vibe (carbon) bars have exactly the same profile as the Deda 100s they replaced. Deda RHM2s (on my winter bike) are exactly the same profile too. Aside from the vibes being mage from a different material, its almost as if all of these differently branded bars came from the same factory...they all work great with Campag btw.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    The forearm contact problem described has no relevance to the shifters. Instead of shifters from any particular manufacturer you could bolt a couple of lobsters to the bars, a couple of car radiators, or perhaps a banana on one side and a midget on the other, the problem would still exist.