SE London Commuters Avoid Jamaica Rd

d.mart
d.mart Posts: 88
edited March 2014 in Commuting chat
No idea what happened but the junction at Jamaica Rd and Southwark Park Rd a complete mess. Corsa or something mashed up in the middle of the junction and a police fast response van on it's side facing the wrong way on eastbound carriageway. Jamaica Rd shut from junction with St James Rd all the way to Tunnel Roundabout in both directions. I imagine it will affect other routes but take Old Kent Rd and Blackheath if possible as it's nose to tail all around Deptford

Avoid

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    From TFL:

[A200] Jamaica Road (SE16)
    2014-03-24
    [A200] Jamaica Road (SE16) (All Directions) at the junction of Southwark Park Road - Jamaica Road has been closed westbound at Lower Road roundabout and eastbound at St James's Road. Southwark Park Road is blocked northbound. West Lane is blocked southbound.

2014-03-24 (16:54) : Traffic is slow moving on diversion. Traffic southbound is congested around the Surrey Quays one way system. Traffic is queuing through the Rotherhithe Tunnel, back onto the A13 with congestion now westbound on approach to the tunnel. Please use an alternate route where possible and expect delays.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    It's a mess, but it's easy enough to navigate around - just take a small side street which by-passes the closed of section.

Going to look on twitter/news feeds to see what happened - don't recall seeing such a bad crash :\
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I didn't see what happened, but I can confirm that traffic around there was FUBAR. I was driving and what should have been a 45 minute journey took nearer to three hours.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Cheers for the heads up on this. Went home via Walworth / Dulwich / Penge and avoided the jams. Hope nobody too badly injured although doesn't sound good.