Burgess Hill Springtime Classic 2014

drlodge
drlodge Posts: 4,826
Anyone else doing this? Weather forecast looks rather nice - dry and up to 17 degrees (unlike last year when it was colllddddd). Its also being run later than last year so should have a bit more fitness.
WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
Find me on Strava

Comments

• I'll be there Doc - was a good event last year, and looking to improve on my silver time
  • drlodge
    I got silver last year too, about 5 hours I think. Gold was 4:35 or 4:40 I think, which was about my "moving time".
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • I'll be there tomorrow. Tour route, just hoping to finish before the time I need to hand the timing chip back :)
  • drlodge
    So how did we all do? I did the Classic Route (as last year) and aiming for the Gold time of 4:35 so no stopping...managed 4:38:50. Quite pleased with that.

My legs ache like hell, and I had cramps trying to get off my bike. You might have heard me!
    Find me on Strava
  • Was aiming for a gold time of 4:20, but thanks to the roadworks in the last km came home in 4:21. :x

Great day on a good course
  • drlodge
    Was aiming for a gold time of 4:20, but thanks to the roadworks in the last km came home in 4:21. :x

Great day on a good course

Those damn road works also cost me Gold I think...you must be young with a Gold target of 4:20 :lol:
    Find me on Strava
  • It was definitely the roadworks that cost me gold, not the going back for a second handful of jelly babies at the feed station...