rockshox reverb?

7448stewart
7448stewart Posts: 79
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
Going to get reverb stealth for my zesty 327 but not shore what size I need? Any help plz nice one :p

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Look on your seat post.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Yeh sorry, I know I need a 31.6 diameter but I'm not sure about the other options like length and drop?
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    How long is your current seatpost? Are there odd kinks in the seat tube? All other things remaining equal but the one with the most drop you can.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    What's the max insertion depth and difference between your preferred upper & lower seat height on your current set up?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Whowa! Cheers for the help but I just need to know what size to buy from the options. Drop - 125mm or 150mm and length - 380, 420, 430mm ( is this for the length of the bike? ) Cheers
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    There's a wonderful invention called a tape measure :o Measure the length of your current post and get the one that's closest. As for drop with the current post/saddle at normal height, measure the difference from the saddle clamp to the seat tube clamp this will give you an idea to what drop you can get away with, bearing in mind the collar adds around 30mm.
  • rite ok cheers, so the lenghth is for the tube and not the lenghth of the bike frame for the piping that goes to the dropper button?
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Yes, you will have to adjust that yourself.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    :roll: Remember the guy who trimmed his reverb with a hacksaw?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    mcnultycop wrote:
    Yes, you will have to adjust that yourself.

What he said. You need to cut down the hose yourself and bled.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn