Exteondo

KulaBen
KulaBen Posts: 220
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm thinking of getting some new bib shorts and have seen some good deals on Exteondo stuff. They seem to get favourable reviews - anyone got any experience of them? How do they compare to Rapha classics or Castelli free aero? Are they sized for normal people or like Castellis (I'm an XL in Castelli stuff). Any advice really appreciated.

Comments

• galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Have 2 pairs dicolrs bibs and at £45 there a steal.
    Great pads.
    I have Etxeondo longs, jacket, 2shorts and jerseys plus other bits and at Merlins usual great prices you can't go wrong.
    Fit is realistic I'd say, certainly not Castelli an xxl for 40" chests.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • I have a pair of feather Bibs and have just ordered another pair for the summer.
    Excellent quality. I am large in Castelli free aero and medium in the feather.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    Given the Orhi bibs a shot. Thanks for the heads-up
  • richiegwy
    richiegwy Posts: 171
    Where are getting the best deals on them?
  • bondurant
    Merlin are one
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Ive tried so many makes an exteondo is my favourite. One shop here in mallorca has their own kit made by them and i bought it just for the clothes as its so good. When i leave mallorca im taking another set with me
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Have just ordered a pair of the Dicolor bibs as a treat for the summer. Hope they're as good as people say.
  • KulaBen
    KulaBen Posts: 220
    Cheers all. The Merlincycles prices definitely help, might get a few bits in time for spring. Whenever it arrives!
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Its been and gone mate !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    I've no doubt that they're top quality but how the hell is Exteondo pronounced????
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    Ay-chon-do.
  • bondurant
    Bless you
  • My mate has a pair. I bloody hate them. If he's in front I can't stop myself trying to pronounce in my head the word emblazoned across his arse. It's very distracting.
  • ViperS15
    ViperS15 Posts: 61
    edited March 2014
    Elfed wrote:
    I've no doubt that they're top quality but how the hell is Exteondo pronounced????

Ech-ee-ondo

I love the stuff. I have it as my winter kit: Lodi jacket and Bikoterm bibtights. Fits really well and very comfy on the arse.

Also it's Etxeondo, not Exteondo :lol:
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Elfed wrote:

Esh-tay-ondo - and lovely kit it is too!

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • llen
    llen Posts: 65
    I have two pairs of bib shorts and absolutely love them. I'm not exactly sure which type they are but the thing I like the most is the fact that they don't have that rubber strip around the leg which my other shorts do. They simply have a slightly tighter bit of Lycra which for me makes them soooooo much comfortable. The bib is great too.
  • Love the dicolor bibs, particularly the smooth feel to the lycra, and the lack of silicon as a gripper as mentioned, which is what you tend to find in higher end shorts these days. Or rather you would pay through the nose for the champion system shorts that my club uses that have the non-silicon leg gripper.

I thought the pronounciation was roughly "et-chay-ondo". I believe it is of basque origin.
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    I am 6 2, 13 ish stone, 40" chest....... Will large do me?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I bought a pair of the Etxeondo Ohri bibs, they were delivered yesterday. I have to say, they're fantastic ! I did an hour on the turbo last night (which I think is always a good test of a pad) and there was no discomfort at all. Fit is great and the leg grippers do a good job.
    I'm 13st 6lbs and 6'2", the large fit me perfectly.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    How thick is the lycra on the dicolor bibs? I need to buy at least one extra pair of shorts (the cheap ones I bought last year don't fit well - lycra is unflattering enough without the shorts looking saggy!) and have my eye on the dhb vaeon Roubaix shorts but they're out of stock until late April. I kind of need them now...

The alternative I've looked at is the howies £59 bibs but the extra cost is something I could do without at the moment.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Never mind, just ordered some. Half price at Merlin Cycles seems a no-brainer.
  • snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    Worth taking a punt on the dicolor size medium? 6ft 12 stone 5 - assume they're gonna be a bit small though.

Then there's the orhi which look great, but twice the cost.......
  • ViperS15
    ViperS15 Posts: 61
    I'm 6ft with an extra stone on me and I would go for large. Medium would only be a last resort if I desperately wanted them and large wasn't available...
  • deswahriff
    deswahriff Posts: 310
    ..picked up a pair of the New Press bibs from Merlin...ordered a small and a medium on the basis one would fit and i'd return the other ( 5ft 8, 10st 2, )....then found them on sale in my LBS, though not in the colour I wanted...tried them on for size...basically the small would fit a 10 year old - so I changed my order to medium and large, kept the large, returned the medium....

...very, very nice shorts...done 2 rides, 50 and 80 milers, supremely comfy and a real quality feel to them for a shade over £50....bargain..!
  • mattythemod
    mattythemod Posts: 289
    Great comfy kit imho Merlins prices are close to what the uk trade prices were ...so i suspect they have bulk bought direct from them in Spain ...which might have something to do with Zyro who were the uk dist droping the brand rather quickly in recent weeks .
  • snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    ViperS15 wrote:
    I'm 6ft with an extra stone on me and I would go for large. Medium would only be a last resort if I desperately wanted them and large wasn't available...

Yeah I know I'm gonna need a large.

May try the bira